Re: First Half Awards

Or educated.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nope hilarious. People who actually watch the game are educated. And to answer your question, it's impossible to know since they don't play the same position thus changing the teams completely. How's this, you don't put anybody as your picks and I will look smart for mine? Deal? Or maybe man up and put some picks down with some intelligent thought behind it or simply pick the best player on the worst team since he has "some" value. VORP

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA

So wait, watching the game and putting stock in VORP are mutually exclusive? Who knew? Man, I can't wait until I move out of my mom's basement.

Anyway, I've "manned up" and here are my MVP picks:

AL MVP - AROD followed closely by Mags.
    NL MVP - Hanley Ramirez (that kid can play) or Chase Utley. Matt Holliday's home/road splits are still ridiculous.
    AL CY - Right now? Haren, I guess, but my money is this won't keep up. Otherwise, Johan w/ Erik Bedard as a dark horse in the second half.
    NL CY - Peavytime. Best pitcher in baseball throwing in the best pitcher's park.
    AL ROTY - Guts
    NL ROTY - Pence

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Nope hilarious. People who actually watch the game are educated. And to answer your question, it's impossible to know since they don't play the same position thus changing the teams completely. How's this, you don't put anybody as your picks and I will look smart for mine? Deal? Or maybe man up and put some picks down with some intelligent thought behind it or simply pick the best player on the worst team since he has "some" value. VORP
    Somehow I knew you were going to come back w/ this. You obviously missed the point there.

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nope, it's dumb question and impossible to answer. And VORP doesn't mean that much to the game either and no one takes it that seriously, only stat nerds who love new stats and live with mommy. Maybe you shoudl get out of mommy's basement or watch some baseball. Either one will help. Surprised your list didn't consist of Dmitri Young and B.J. Upton for MVP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123