Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rickey Henderson Could Be Looking To Yet Another Comeback

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Rickey Henderson Could Be Looking To Yet Another Comeback

Does look like he's finished though...

"I'm through, really. I'm probably through with it now," he said. "It's just one of those things. I thank the good Lord I played as long as I played and came out of it healthy. I took a lot of pounding."
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Rickey Henderson Could Be Looking To Yet Another Comeback

"You go around and see the Mets and Yankees have all these (former players) doing stuff for the club and Oakland won't do that,'' Henderson said. "That's what kills me. I'd love to go around to the Oakland A's ballpark and see their kids, help them out.''
    That's one request that could easily be arranged, according to Beane.
    "The organization would absolutely embrace Rickey coming back in an instructional capacity,'' Beane said. So it appears that Henderson will be back with the A's -- somehow, some way. And even if a big retirement day can't be finalized for September, his number will be retired -- as per the A's standard policy, once he is in the Hall of Fame.
    A RICKEY REUNION?

Also in the article, Beane mentions that he will not go after Henderson if it effects the integrity of the season. But it looks like the A's can help Rickey in his hope to go to the HOF as an Athletic.
    But why restart the 5 year waiting period?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12