Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your Dark Horse

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Post your Dark Horse

OK S3F-- Let's hear who your dark horses are this year in the AL and NL? I mean, a potential team like the Tigers of last year. (Rags to Riches, if you will.) Lets also hear your reasons behind it.

AL-TEXAS AND KANSAS CITY

WITH TEXAS SHORING UP THEIR BULLPEN WILL BE A HUGE PLUS. WE ALL KNOW ABOUT THEIR OFFENSE, AND YOUNG PITCHERS IN THE ROTATION COULD ALLOW THEM TO HANG IN THERE TIL THE DEADLINE AND POSSIBLE TRADE FOR A STARTER OR TWO.

KANSAS CITY MAY HAVE OVERPAID FOR THE PLAYER'S THEY LANDED, BUT THEY ARE TRYING TO CHANGE THEIR IMAGE AS LOSERS AND CREATE A "BUZZ?" IN THEIR CLUBHOUSE AND YOU HAVE TO GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR THAT AT LEAST.

NL-PIRATES (IT IS A REACH, I KNOW)

I LIKED THE WAY THEY PLAYED LAST YEAR AND IF THEY CAN GET ANY PITCHING THEY HAVE A NICE OFFENSE. AND EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDN'T HAVE MUCH SUCCESS LANDING ANY FA'S IN THE OFF-SEASON, THEY TRIED REALLY HARD. AND I RESPECT THAT IN A TEAM THAT IS TRYING TO CHANGE THEIR IMAGE. IF YOU FEEL THE NEED POST SEVERAL

LETS SEE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY, AND REMEMBER TRY TO REALLY FIND THAT RAGS TO RICHES TEAM THIS YEAR!

I AM CURIOUS TO SEE WHO EVERYONE PICKS!!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    That is an enormous font.

AL - I love the Indians. I thought they were going to be good last year and I was wrong. But I love Sizemore, Hafner, Martinez and the offense and now they improved the bullpen. I'm jumping on the Indians Bandwagon.

NL - In spite of your enormous font I pick your team, the Brewers. I can easily see this team winning a not-so-good NL Central if the young guys like Weeks and Hardy produce and guys like Hall and Fielder continue to get better.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    I'll agree with the Rangers since I picked them to win the AL West
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Of course I love the Brewers as well, but I was trying to go outside the box and not pick my team. I wanted to go with someone different and prove to all that I can root for other teams when they are not playing the Brewers. I also thought that it would have been to obvious to pick them. So thanks browntown, I love the fact that the Brewers are just getting some positive pub this year. That itself is exciting to me as a Brewer's fan!

MLB ERA
    AL - Texas
    NL - Pittsburgh
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    AL- Seattle (Disclaimer, they have to have a bunch of people find their career years)
    NL- Arizona or Milwaukee.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    I actually forgot about Seattle, I do like them this season.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    AL: Toronto

NL: Philly

MLB ERA
    NL: Honestly I really like Florida. They already had a large portion of the team last year and this offseason they didnt do anything really stupid and brought in some vets who's versatility can only help.

AL: Havent really followed much but from looking at the transaction: I really like what Seattle has done but they got to figure out some way to score runs in that HR killer of a park...

Biggest Flop: Chicago Cubs- Their best move was hiring Lou Piniella that will account to a few more wins than they should and yes Soriano, Lee, and ARam is a potent power packed trio, but you're "upgrading" the pitching staff with Jason Marquis (3 yr- 28 mil), Ted Lilly (4 yr- 40 mil), and relying on Prior or Wood to be healthy for longer than a week at a time thats begging to get screwed. The only way the Cubs finish above 500 is if Prior and Wood make miraculous recoveries and do something neither has done in a long time... pitch effectively the whole season.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Wood in all likeihood is in the bullpen for the Cubs.

NL-Marlins- Great infield both offensively and defensively with a good core of young starters.
    AL-I would say Indians but I just can't call them a dark horse so I am going with the D-Rays. They have great speed and defense and I expect better years from Seo and Fossum.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    NL- Rockies

These boys are young with more rookie talent coming in. Tulowitzki and Stewart are going to be horses. Francis is nasty in the rotation. If they can somehow work on getting that rotation better, these guys will contend. Only problem, it is a tough division. I would like to see this happen.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter View Post
    NL- Rockies

These boys are young with more rookie talent coming in. Tulowitzki and Stewart are going to be horses. Francis is nasty in the rotation. If they can somehow work on getting that rotation better, these guys will contend. Only problem, it is a tough division. I would like to see this happen.
    Key word - somehow.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA
    AL Indians easily. They will be forgotten, but c'mon, they have Division winning potential.
    NL Braves. They really don't get much play anymore, but I think they could actually win the East again.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Indians will be forgotten? Many "experts" are picking them to win the division. That's why I can't call them dark horses. That and the 05 season.

MLB ERA
    Well, I meant more by the fans, especially Tigers and White Sox and Twins Fans. The Indians were 4th last year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast