Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonds not coming back?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bonds not coming back?

Why do people insist that Barry is not coming back because of his problems off the field? If these people gave the reason that Barry might not recover from his knee injury, I would be cool with that but these people aren't. Please people, this is Barry Bonds. This is the biggest asshole in baseball. He is not your normal person who would just duck and hide and never come out again. Barry just doesn't care about what people think. Look at his stats when the steroid issue was hitting him hard. He has his two best seasons which are the two best seasons ever. He needs baseball to get his mind off these things. These issues are Barry's fuel. Barry wants to come back and shut everyone up and show that he is the best. People need to put this arguement to rest because it just doesn't make sense. Bonds, if recovered fully, will come back and hit like he has been. Basbeball might say they don't need him back but I beg to differ. Look at the road attendance for the Giants when Bonds was playing. Some teams charge extra when they play the Giants. Hate him all you want but a Barry AB is still one of the most exciting events in baseball, even if it is a walk.

AA ERA
    I notice something. With this board being created last month, we haven't spent much time talking about Barry. I know everyone had two cents on Barry in the old board that we used to post. Every month, everyone had something to say about Barry. I miss those debates.

I would be shocked if Barry is playing this year.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Because of the knee or the other non issues?

AA ERA
    Knee

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think the Knee will keep Barry "US" Bonds out this season.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Good. Retire.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Some teams charge extra when they play the Giants.
    ROFLMFAO......thats some funny stuff and something that my Dad would say if he were around.....

I am also thinking that Barry won't be back this season due to his knee (not the other stuff).

I have looked for an answer to this question and have posed it in forums but never got a response from anyone......Why did he wait until ST to start this surgery? Why didn't he do it at the end of the 2004 season and therefore, have the offseason to rehab?
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    ROFLMFAO......thats some funny stuff and something that my Dad would say if he were around.....
    Why is that funny when it is true? As for your question, he had surgery on his left knee in November. His right knee was in January. The man has to split time between his girlfriends and his family.

ERA
    Call NASA
    I feel bonds is staying away from the game until he can completely clear his system of the chemically enhanced drugs he used to cheat baseball. He will be back when he knows he can test clean. Then when he tests clean, he will proclaim to all the world....'see, I told you I never was on anything." The amazing thing is that some foolish people will believe him. Expunge his records. He has disgraced the game.

I agree with joek.

A couple other opinions:
    1. Don't expect a .370 BA and .862 Slugging Pct. as well as 46 Hrs in 400 Abs.
    2. He doesn't care? I am sorry but wasn't basically almost crying going into a nervous breakdown at the last interview before his knee surgery?

I hate to be rude because he is human but the man does care about what is being said. He is hurt emotionally as much as physically.

Quote Originally Posted by joek
    I feel bonds is staying away from the game until he can completely clear his system of the chemically enhanced drugs he used to cheat baseball. He will be back when he knows he can test clean. Then when he tests clean, he will proclaim to all the world....'see, I told you I never was on anything." The amazing thing is that some foolish people will believe him. Expunge his records. He has disgraced the game.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quite hilarious if you ask me. If you knew anything about his situation and the accusations on Barry then you would know that Barry gets tested just like everyone else. Just because he is not playing does not mean he doesn not get tested. Also he was tested twice last year. And lastly, what they are accusing him of taking will not show up on a simple urine test. It will have to be a blood test. So your thinking is very flawed.

As for the interview, the next day after the interview Bonds was saying that he would be back no question. The man had a bad day. To think this guy won't come back because fo stuff off the field is plain dumb.

Honestly, I'd love for Barry to come back and kick ass just to shut up the people who kick a horse when it's down. And I don't like Bonds.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The cream will be legal by next year, just so Bonds can come back.

ERA
    Call NASA
    Lol

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Lol
    that's all you have to say when you are wrong? Wow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast