Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If your team is not in the playoffs... who are you rooting for?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'm rooting for Bobby Kielty's hair, forget everything else.

MLB ERA
    Whoever is playing the yankees.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Cards or Twins.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Yankees.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    Not really, I just don't want an AL team not named White Sox to win. Since the White Sox can't win, I'm rooting for the NL.
    You'd rather see the NL than a team from your own division?! That's definitely bitter. Espeically when you don't even pick a team, just "whoever isn't in the AL".

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    You'd rather see the NL than a team from your own division?! That's definitely bitter. Espeically when you don't even pick a team, just "whoever isn't in the AL".
    You gotta understand that for him to root for the divisional rival would be like you rooting for the Packers or the Lakers or any Pat Riley coached-team.

MLB ERA
    Nah, I hate the packers for completely different reasons. It goes beyond just divisional rivals. I'll tell you flat out, if the Twins get dumped from the playoffs, I'll be rooting for the Tigers.

In the case of the NFL, I'd root for the Bears and/or Lions in the playoffs over the Cowboys, Redskins, 49ers, Rams, etc etc.

And I hated the Lakers before Riley was coach (although he's an arrogant twat and I could never root for his team nor the lakers... but that's cuz I grew up as a Celtics fan. Had nothing to do with being in a division as we didn't even have a team in MN when I was growing up).

MLB ERA
    So you're saying you liked that the White Sox won it all last year? I LEAST want a team from my own division to win it. If the winning team is from the NL, then no team in my team's league can be the champion, which is the best case if my team doesn't have a chance to win it all. That's not bitter. I wouldn't expect any fan of an AL team to root for the White Sox if they were in the playoffs again, least of all fans of an AL Central team, so I don't see what the big deal is about me rooting for the NL.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    who said it's a big deal. I said you are bitter, which you obviously are. A lot of fans in sports have bitter rivals during the season, but normally would rather see someone from their own division (or at least their own league/conference) win the title. Not everyone obviously but a large majority. Since you can't even pick a freakin' team from the NL that you are rooting for, it's proof you are just being a rube who's just pissed that his own team didn't make it to the playoffs.

Did I like the whitesox last year? I'll be honest and say no. Not because I hate the Whitesox but most of their fans remind me a lot of most packer fans and if you know how I feel about them, then no further explanation is needed. At least I'm honest about it.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And I hated the Lakers before Riley was coach (although he's an arrogant twat and I could never root for his team nor the lakers... but that's cuz I grew up as a Celtics fan. Had nothing to do with being in a division as we didn't even have a team in MN when I was growing up).
    I already know you were a Celtics fan. I didn't mean to state that you hate certain teams because they are in the same division. However, Dam's feelings toward the other AL Central teams are probably the same as your feelings toward the Packers, besides other reasons such as Packers fans who urinate in sinks.

A lot of fans in sports have bitter rivals during the season, but normally would rather see someone from their own division (or at least their own league/conference) win the title.
    Eh, maybe. There is really no incentive for one to root for some other team just because they are from the same division or conference. For me, I wouldn't root for a Western conference/division team know for their "Beat LA" chants, except I may pull for the Padres only because they haven't won jack ever.

MLB ERA
    See, that's kind of how I feel about the Tigers. the last time they were in the playoffs, the Twins punked them in their own house. That was 87 and they haven't seen a postseason since then. So, rival or not, I'd still pull for them because I'd rather see an ALC team win the world series than ALE and/or ALW and the vast majority of the time, I'd still rather see the AL beat the NL because I'd rather see a team from my own league beat the other league.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am rooting for the Athletics and the Dodgers. That way, there can be another No-Cal, So-Cal series.
    rf28

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Oakland, San Diego
    waruv, have you taken a look at all the ex-Red Sox players in the playoffs? You could basically root for anyone! Except the Tigers.

David Wells
    Josh Bard
    Mark Bellhorn
    Todd Walker
    Rudy Seanez
    Grady Little
    Derek Lowe
    Nomar Garciaparra
    Jeff Suppan
    Alan Embree
    Cla Meredith
    Dave Roberts
    Aaron Sele
    Johnny Damon
    Mike Myers
    Chad Bradford
    Darren Oliver
    Cliff Floyd
    Jay Payton

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

My team is in the playoffs and I am rooting for them but....as usual they are not showing up.......again.....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast