View Poll Results: Should MLB be allowed to even attempt this?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The NFL is gutless if they allow this to happen

1 9.09%
  • MLB has every right to move a prescheduled NFL game (state your reason below)

5 45.45%
  • Lynch is right, this isn't right and it's very unfair to the Vikings/Lions fans

3 27.27%
  • It won't matter since the Twins are going to sweep the series anyway

1 9.09%
  • Other (giving my reasons in a post below)

1 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The prospect of moving an NFL game to accomodate MLB

MLB ERA
    I don't understand how you baseball geeks can say that it makes sense to ask/force another sport to reschedule their long-scheduled game to accomodate a game that isn't even for sure going to happen. That's some pretty ****ing classless/arrogant mentality. I'm not griping because it's the Twins and the Vikes. If it was the Chargers and the Padres or the Jets and the Mets or the Cardinals and the Rams (just using examples).... it's bullshit.

Explain to me why the hell baseball should take precedent over a game that's been scheduled for a half a year. I'm not asking you to say "who cares about football", that's not the issue. the issue is the arrogancy of MLB and the spinelessness of the NFL in this situation. It's bullshit. I'd have a slightly different opinion if it was the world series (and I think that the NFL has agreed for many years to reschedule for the WS), but for divisional series games? C'mon. What a load.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'll just re-post what I posted on the other side:

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    ESPN has broadcast rights to the entire Twins-A's series, and they do not want a game 5 to be played on Monday night because ESPN also broadcasts Monday Night Football and a Twins-A's game 5 on Monday night would conflict with ESPN's MNF broadcast. And since ESPN pays tons of $$$ for their broadcast rights to both MNF and the MLB playoffs, they have tons of say in the matter.

MLB ERA
    Yah,I saw that earlier and you could be right on the money. Thing is ... are the ****ing networks running our sports now too?

I don't really give a shit, but this is fairly lame. Baseball's nice and all, but football has 16 games...the MLB has 162 games, plus a potential 19 more in the playoffs.

Hmm...I'll take football.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If it wasn't the Vikings, I probably wouldn't care, to tell the truth.

MLB ERA
    Tough question IMO. I'm pretty sure the season ticket holders of the NFL teams involved would and should be pissed as they would have to change their plans for what has become a friggin holiday once a week in this country on sundays. For anyone that's never been to an NFL game go because it's the chiat IMO.

It seems to me that it would be a helluva lot easier for MLB to move it's games however at some point weather could become an issue.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    are the ****ing networks running our sports now too?
    Of course they are. Why else would these A's-Twins games start at 1 pm on a freakin' Tuesday? 1 pm?!? Huh? ESPN again! Thanks ESPN.

(How many Tuesday regular season games in all of baseball had a 1 pm start time this year? The answer is zero. You only see these early start times on Mondays and Thursdays when it's a getaway day, and sometimes on Fridays at Wrigley Field.)

MLB ERA
    point in case as to why I loathe professional sports at times. Of course, bastardizing tradition to make money (cough*wildcard*cough*divisional-series*cough*) is a perfect example of just that. I cant' wait until they expand the playoffs to more teams in baseball. That's going to be a joy!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    **** football! They get way too much coverage since there are only so many things you can say about one day of football but NFL Live is on every goddamn day, during baseball season no less. It has become a pussy sport and I wouldn't care if it went away for good. I'd rather watch the NBA, that's how sad football has become. Now please leave football out of the baseball forum!

MLB ERA
    When football can be affected by completely ****ed up last second scheduling by baseball, it TOTALLY deserves air-time here in the forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12