Thread: am i the only one

MLB ERA

am i the only one

that is starting to get tired of these sox/yanks matchups on espn?

there ARE other games on

more exciting to see than the sox vs the crips (and i'm not talking about the gang)

i just think its getting old to see all AL games on ESPN, and hardly ANY NL games on, and i'm not saying just cause i want to get the reds national tv coverage which isn't going to happen, but i mean you have another league overthere with just as much talent and you're completly ignoring it for a rivalry that ESPN is making old and boring.

just sayin'.
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    no, you're not the only one...I live between the Evil Empire and Red Sux Nation...it is the most over-hyped POS ever IMHO

MLB ERA
    The NL sucks ass. Why should ESPN put NL games on?

I am a Sox fan, and I agree with you, they are over exploiting the Sox/Yanks matchup, although I will be watching all 3 games this week. I would have to disagree with you on the AL and NL thing, it seems to me, and I could be wrong, but if the Yanks or the Sox aren't being shown, it is usually a NL game, mostly SF until lately. ESPN just isn't very diverse with it's games at all. It's usually a game containing the Red Sox, Yankees, St. Louis, Atlanta, SF or the Indians. I may be missing a team or two here, but my point is this... it would be nice if from time to time they showed a Cincinatti vs. Phillies matchup or Texas vs. White Sox. There are 30 teams, and ESPN shows entirely games containing 10 of them. There are 20 other teams that they could throw in there from time to time without showing a Marlins vs. Pirates matchup which nobody would watch.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    don't get me wrong, before all the hype I used to think it was cool, but the over-hyping has made me hate it more and more...

MLB ERA
    same here, but you also look at where espn is, bristol,ct right between boston and NY so obviously there going to hype it up, but man in the past 2 years they have truely over hyped it

I just sometimes hate watching ESPN, they pride themselves in being a sports channel yet again they have stupid poker on and even the spelling bee, nothing against those two, but they dont belong on ESPN!!!

I can't blame them for it, if the ratings are as good as I have heard, even with the New England/New York area unable to watch it on ESPN.

I wish they'd be more diverse, I'd actually get to see more games, but they do what they do for a reason
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    ESPN has been a joke for some time now. Yes, the ratings are good on the East coast I am sure but what about the rest of the US? I much rather see Cards vs Reds or the Dodgers vs Mets. The Sox/Yanks play each other 19 times and ESPN is going to show all of them. Thank science for MLBtv but it gets old after a while just staring at the screen.

Rookie ERA
    Sportscenter has always shown an East Coast bias, especially in baseball. Probably because Boomer and Gammons are the biggest homers for the Red Sox. Boomer ruined what should have been a great moment for White Sox fans (sweeping the defending champions), screaming and chanting when Ortiz and Manny were hitting bombs, all the while going silent whenever the White Sox did anything important. He didn't talk for like 15 minutes after El Duque shut em down with the bases juiced.

I'm pretty sure the ratings cover the nation, not just the eastern seaboard. And Sox/Yanks fans in the area can't watch on ESPN anyway (usually).
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.