Thread: The McCourt Sues Everybody thread

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dodgers The McCourt Sues Everybody thread

Frank McCourt to ask Boston judge to keep malpractice claim on course - latimes.com

The Dodgers owner wants to maintain the right to sue his former law firm, which was responsible for a since-invalidated agreement that would have given him sole ownership of the team. His attorneys says a case could be worth "hundreds of millions of dollars."
    As McCourt wages legal battles in California and Delaware in an effort to keep control of the Dodgers, his court fight in Massachusetts is aimed at preserving his right to sue for a nine-figure damage award if he loses the team.
    Not only are we going to Delaware, Tom Harkin, we're going to Massachusetts and Oklahoma and Arizona and North Dakota and New Mexico ... And we're going to the Virgin Islands and the Bahamas, and then we're going back to California to take back the Dodgers! Yaaaaaahhhh!!
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 08-03-2011 at 04:58 AM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

re: The McCourt Sues Everybody thread

But seriously, the fact he is counting on proceeds from a lawsuit he may or may not win to repay $30 million to Fox just speaks of true desperation. I'm becoming convinced the only reason this weasel hasn't sold the team and (in his words) taken the money and run is because his own lawyers could very well emerge with more of the proceeds than he will. I almost feel he should be on suicide watch should he lose yet again.

Rookie ERA

You beat me to it, knew it was a lot of money but WOW! I hope MLB takes him to the Mcgoldshed.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Bankruptcy Court showdown between Frank McCourt and Bud Selig has been postponed by a month, according to an order issued Wednesday by U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Kevin Gross.

The hearing now will take place from Nov. 29 through Dec. 2. Gross did not provide a reason for the delay in his order.

The postponement makes it unlikely that Gross will rule on whether McCourt has to sell the Dodgers before baseball's annual winter meetings, set for Dec. 5-8 in Dallas.
    The bankruptcy proceedings do not necessarily preclude the Dodgers from exploring a long-term contract extension with Matt Kemp or pursuing major free agents such as Prince Fielder.