Thread: Dodgers' pursuit of Wang is not too serious

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dodgers Dodgers' pursuit of Wang is not too serious

Even though Steve Dilbeck isn't the headline baiting hack that the blog's predecessor Jon Weisman is, I get the feeling the headline was not made without the banal joke in mind.

Dodgers' pursuit of Wang apparently is not too serious | Dodgers Blog | Los Angeles Times
    It appears Joe Torre’s affection for his former Yankees ace, Chien-Ming Wang, isn’t enough to push the Dodgers toward seriously pursuing the free agent.

Ken Rosenthal of Foxsports.com has reported that Wang has received offers from two unidentified clubs, and neither is the Dodgers or the Mets. Rosenthal said Wang is expected to sign in the next seven to 10 days.

Rosenthal reported that Wang is interested in reuniting with Torre. And with the Dodgers’ candidates for the fifth spot retreads (Jeff Weaver, Russ Ortiz, Ramon Ortiz) and the still unproven (Eric Stults, James McDonald, Charlie Haeger), there would appear to be a potential matchup.

Wang is coming off July 29 arthroscopic shoulder surgery to repair a tear, and the Dodgers apparently view him as too uncertain to fill their pitching need.

-- Steve Dilbeck

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Dodgers' pursuit of Wang is not too serious

Olney said the Dodgers didn't see anything in Wang's throwing session that would cause them to back away. But I think he'll sign with the Nationals.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Dodgers' pursuit of Wang is not too serious

It's undoubtedly a great title for any article or thread, in conjunction with the McCourt mc-mess, it's even funnier.

Nationals are going to have really random pitching staff like Pittsburgh. Hey, where's Dry1313 at to sing Wang and his Cy Young caliber praises?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.