Thread: Ethier and Broxton agree to two year deals

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Contract Ethier and Broxton agree to two year deals

Reports: Andre Ethier, Jonathan Broxton to sign two-year deals ... Martin inks for one year | Dodger Thoughts | Los Angeles Times
    Hernandez said Ethier will get $6 million in 2010 and Broxton $4 million. (I was $500,000 shy on my prediction for each.) That leaves Ethier with $9.25 million in 2011, Broxton $7 million.
    Hate the 2011 salary figures, but that's the system, and they aren't far off from the arbitration estimates. I take these short term contracts to mean the franchise will be sold by next year, leaving the new owners the burden of extending the contracts.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Ethier and Broxton agree to two year deals

Best quote about Broxton's deal
    how about they insert a clause in his contract stating that if he blows a save to lose a game that results in elimination from a postseason series, he gets NOTHING.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

How about everytime Andre Ethier is mentioned in a trade rumor, by a somewhat credible national source, and he is not traded, he gets $100 added to his deal? Broke McCourts.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

LOL, these losers are more interested in our payroll than Dodger fans are. My goodness, 14 pages! Obsessed much?
    Break up the Dodgers - SignOnSanDiego Forums
    Originally Posted by old_padre View Post
    Originally Posted by Henry Silvestre View Post
    Let's not forget that Russell Martin, Andre Ethier, George Sherrill, Jonathan Broxton, Chad Billingsley, Matt Kemp, and Hong-Chih Kuo are all eligible for arbitration. That could get expensive very quickly.
    That ARB list could become $60 million very quickly.. add manny's $22 mil option and 8 players on Dodger land would be making $88 million +++ and then there is Mr $10 mil Pierre not to mention all the other players-- Unless they run a $150 million payroll (very unlikely in the face of the divorce-- more likely to be slash to $80 or less million) the Dodger team for 2010 will have a completely different look and feel.. i think you can kiss goodbye to 1/2 of those ARB elligible players and probably ALL FA's to be.. for starters..
    So, the final count on 2010 salary for all these guys is in:
    Ethier $5.5
    Martin $5.05
    Sherrill $4.5
    Broxton $4
    Kemp $4.0
    Billingsley $3.85
    Loney 3.1
    Kuo .950

They'll earn $30.95M. So, congrats, you were (slightly) inside a 100% margin of error. And of course, none of those guys are going to be traded. And the good ones are all controlled for at least one more year now. And while paying $7M not to have Juan Pierre certainly sucks, it's better than paying $10M to have him. Looks like a 2010 salary - at least on opening day - right about the same $100M level as last year.

Maybe Kim Ng was the right guy for our job after all???