Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O-Dawg will likely not be offered salary arbitration

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Dodgers O-Dawg will likely not be offered salary arbitration

Either this means Ned already has his sights on Marco Scutaro or Felipe Lopez, or the cheap bastard Micks will force Joe to go with Blake DeWitt at second.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: O-Dawg will likely not be offered salary arbitration

What happened with Belliard? I personally would hate to lose O Dawg if I were the Dodgers.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Dodgers aren't offering arbitration to any of their free agents, team spokesman Josh Rawitch told Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times.
    Wolf in particular seemed a lock to receive an offer. It's difficult to understand why the Dodgers chose not to.
    **** shit **** mother****ing shit

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

What are they doing? This is insane.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sure, those guys were good as gone since they weren't likely to return for another cheap one year deal, but to turn down multiple 1st round supplemental and 2nd round picks because of the off-chance that they do is beyond pathetic.

Last edited by realmofotalk; 12-08-2009 at 07:40 PM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The decision by the Dodgers not to offer arbitration to pitcher Randy Wolf or any of their other free agents Tuesday should not be viewed as a sign that their uncertain ownership situation is affecting them financially, General Manager Ned Colletti said.

"Our decision was made strictly from a baseball perspective," Colletti said.
    If only you, Ned, are truly that stupid to have made that decision, I could sleep much easier, believe me.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ken Gurnick of MLB.com reports that while the Dodgers have talked to the agents for free-agent pitchers Randy Wolf, Vicente Padilla and Joel Pineiro, they will not talk about multi-year contracts.

Bad news. According to Gurnick, the Dodgers believe that one-year bargains will be available late in the offseason, similar to the one they handed out to Randy Wolf in February. While the Dodgers were fortunate with Wolf, they could be left at the alter this time.
    So instead of offering arbitration to Wolf to gain at least some leverage in bringing him back on a one year contract, they were hoping for what...God to intervene and convince Randy to stay?

You know what, it's useless to even question they're doing anymore when they offer no reasonable explanation from a baseball perspective. They're not even trying to keep the team intact, let alone improve it.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

You guys were so good last year too. I hate it when front offices make poor decisions.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

ESPN's Buster Olney says Randy Wolf would've re-signed with the Dodgers for a two-year deal in the $14-16MM range.
    If that's true, then you better have that signed, sealed, and delivered. $7-8 MM a year? That's like one week's worth of gate receipts. Are you ****ing shitting me, of course you do it. There's nothing to think about, when you have no compensation picks to fall back on. There's nothing to think about!

God damn the ****ing McCourts to hell. I think I'd rather have a consortium led by Donald T. Sterling, Jeffrey Loria, and Zombie Carl Pohlad run my team.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wolf at two years for 15 million would have been an absolute steal. Sorry for your loss mofo.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Then again, since that info was leaked out after he had already signed, it simply could have been a parting shot by his agents. At least I hope it is. In any way, it sucks to lose a hometown player who wanted to be here.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yesterday, ESPN's Tim Kurkjian wrote the Nationals "appear to be getting closer to signing" Hudson. The deal "would be for $3 million with incentives that could easily reach $4 million for 2010." Kurkjian cautioned that Hudson had not signed off on Washington's offer.
    mother****ing shit, I can't believe it. They could have saved the money we're paying this year and next for Jamey ****ing Carroll and get the O-Dawg back instead. God, I swear I make a better player personnel guy than all of those monkeys in the front office.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

$3 million for Hudson? Seriously? I swear, too many GM's must have been put down for naps on top of the radiator as infants to let Hudson slip to the Nationals for that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Either GM's are taking his below zero UZR value too seriously and/or they're not down with paying close to $7M for a 7-hole hitter on a good team. But I don't care. You can't win with replacement level players.

MLB ERA

I'm pretty sure the Mariners were trying to move Jose Lopez so they could sign Hudson, but it never worked out. Hudson would've been a great fit with the M's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast