Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The White Out Needed

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Dodgers The White Out Needed

The Dodgers gave you $36.2 million, and in exchange you gave them a batting average of .158, three home runs and 25 extra pounds, and so you're finally sorry? Andruw Jones pauses. He looks down. He wraps his fingers tight around the handle of a bat. He nods. "Yes, you could put it that way," he says. "Yes, in fact, put it exactly that way." "Put it what way?" "I am sorry I didn't stand up to my reputation," he says. "I am sorry for what I put everyone through. I am sorry I did not make it work."
    There you go Dodger fans! Jones puts the white out on it all so now you can be happy again. Give some of the ******* money back if you are sorry and know you don't deserve it!!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The White Out Needed

Jones ought to be criminally prosecuted for the fraud he committed with McCourt's money.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The People's Court with Frank McCourt

MLB ERA

Maybe the Dodgers should just blame themselves on this terrible signing. The Braves weren't too interested in keeping him, and that should've told them something. He has never had the motivation and work ethic to improve and reach his potential and it finally caught up with him. As a Braves fan, I was ecstatic when we didn't resign him. Quit blaming Andruw and start blaming the Dodgers. They were the ones who agreed to fork over the money. And they should've known what they were getting when they got him. I did.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by bcshorts View Post
    Maybe the Dodgers should just blame themselves on this terrible signing. The Braves weren't too interested in keeping him, and that should've told them something. He has never had the motivation and work ethic to improve and reach his potential and it finally caught up with him. As a Braves fan, I was ecstatic when we didn't resign him. Quit blaming Andruw and start blaming the Dodgers. They were the ones who agreed to fork over the money. And they should've known what they were getting when they got him. I did.
    The same thing applies to the Red Sox and JD Drew, all the fans knew he always gets hurt but we signed him anyways...and alas he is hurt. We shouldn't ask for our money back cause he was smart for signing our horrible contract
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Jesus Christ guys, the guy's apologizing for his highway robbery, that'd be good enough for me. In this day, that's already going above and beyond what anyone else in his position would normally do. I feel for the poor man, that's got to be the worst feeling, to know that hundreds of thousands of people hate you because you didn't live up to expectations. Put yourself in his position. I know you're angry, but geez, you don't have to lynch the guy emotionally.

Good job to Andruw for apologizing. That's a hell of a job in my book.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    Jesus Christ guys, the guy's apologizing for his highway robbery, that'd be good enough for me. In this day, that's already going above and beyond what anyone else in his position would normally do. I feel for the poor man, that's got to be the worst feeling, to know that hundreds of thousands of people hate you because you didn't live up to expectations. Put yourself in his position. I know you're angry, but geez, you don't have to lynch the guy emotionally.

Good job to Andruw for apologizing. That's a hell of a job in my book.
    That's just it, he's not a poor man! Yeah Jones is sorry, sorry all the way to the bank! If he was truly sorry, he would have given some money back in some capacity. Not all of it because like bcshorts said, the Dodgers were dumb enough to give him the money but it was Jones that wanted out of LA to go play elsewhere. His apology means dick to the Dodgers who are paying him $30 million for nothing. If I were put in his shoes and just got paid that much for doing so little, I couldn't live with myself and would give back some money. That's just me though, a pothead with a heart.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No, **** him.

I have my doubts that he's sincere with his apology. After all, this is the same guy who, while at the height of being burdened with the proverbial worst feeling, knowing hundreds of thousands of fans hate him, responded with, "I don't care about the fans. I play for myself."

He truly is an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by bcshorts View Post
    Quit blaming Andruw and start blaming the Dodgers. They were the ones who agreed to fork over the money. And they should've known what they were getting when they got him. I did.
    Sure, the Dodgers deserve blame for overvaluing his services, but he's the one who violated their trust. A $36 million gift does not entitle to him to show up in spring training 30 pounds above his playing weight, hit .158 throughout the year, and overall, falling way short of expectations and responsibilities.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    That's just it, he's not a poor man! Yeah Jones is sorry, sorry all the way to the bank! If he was truly sorry, he would have given some money back in some capacity. Not all of it because like bcshorts said, the Dodgers were dumb enough to give him the money but it was Jones that wanted out of LA to go play elsewhere. His apology means dick to the Dodgers who are paying him $30 million for nothing. If I were put in his shoes and just got paid that much for doing so little, I couldn't live with myself and would give back some money. That's just me though, a pothead with a heart.
    O please. If you got that much money, you know damn well you wouldn't give any of it back. That's just bullshit. First off, he only has about half of that money after taxes. Second of all...you wouldn't give back $15 million and you damn well know it. He's just human.

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    No, **** him.

I have my doubts that he's sincere with his apology. After all, this is the same guy who, while at the height of being burdened with the proverbial worst feeling, knowing hundreds of thousands of fans hate him, responded with, "I don't care about the fans. I play for myself."

He truly is an asshole.
    That's the mentality you have to have when you're playing so shitty, or else you're going to get into your own head and make it even worse. He was just doing what was best for him to try and get out of his slump. Obviously it didn't work, but I still don't blame him at all for that. You can't comment about the fans hating you in the middle of the season. You have to concentrate on what you're doing and not worry about what the fans think.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

**** you NYG for thinking you know me!! If I was given $30 million dollars I didn't deserve by weaseling out of a contract, you're ******* right I would give some back!! That's just the kind of person I am and was raised on good values like that! Sorry if I'm not a sucker who thinks an empty apology is good enough. If it were me, I would buy a shit ton of Dodger tickets and give them to inner city kids and sick kids. I would give a lot back to the Dodger community. I wouldn't just give a bullshit apology and take the money. You obviously don't know me so don;t call my good hearted nature bullshit! I couldn't live with myself taking all that undeserved money.

MLB ERA

Geez reefer take it easy. I didn't say I know you dude, I said I know human nature. I just think it's naive to say that if anyone got $30 million that you arguably have deserved because of your history as a player, and you didn't live up to it, that you would just give it back without thinking twice. That's a shitload of money, and any person would naturally want to keep it. It has nothing to do with values, it's just an argument of human nature.

It's not that he "doesn't deserve" the money. He earned the contract through his excellent career before signing the contract. So he got the money. Then he didn't live up to it. There's a difference. He didn't just steal the money. Then it'd be a question of values. But this is different.

And I still think it's not as easy as just saying yea I'd give back some/all of the money.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You called me out and said it was bullshit that I would give some back!! I'm not going to just take it easy. Jones did not EARN that money! He weaseled his way out of a contract keeping the bulk of the cash. That is something I could not do and yes it does have to do with values. Greed is not a pretty thing and I know a ton of people that would do the same as me. If keeping money you did not earn is human nature, I want a new human race! You might keep the money, others wouldn't.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You could say Bernie Madoff, too, "earned" his clients' money through his outstanding reputation and then didn't live up to it. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    And I still think it's not as easy as just saying yea I'd give back some/all of the money.
    Lyman Bostock once offered a month's salary back to the Angels, saying he had not earned it after batting .150, before the team refused it and he then donated it to charity. Keep in mind that players back then didn't have baller cash to just give back. So, no, it's not the difficult dilemma that you make it to be.

MLB ERA

Why the hell does Jones need to apologize? Why should he give money back? Both sides signed a contract agreeing to pay Jones that much money. It's not about whether he deserves it or not. That seems like some liberal idea of fairness. He signed the contract and he gets paid and he shouldn't give a penny of it back. If the Dodgers feel like he violated terms of the contract, maybe they should try to sue him. Otherwise, shut up and live with it. It was a terrible business decision, period. And it's not like this came out of nowhere. Jones had been underachieving and not preparing for some time before his free agency. Suck it up and quit whining about it.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Because Jones did not live up to his contract and then weaseled out of it. Its pretty clear to see. You don't apologize and then keep all the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast