Thread: Manny Gets Offer.....Again

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Dodgers Manny Gets Offer.....Again

Dodgers make second offer to Manny: one year, $25 million. This according to a source with knowledge of the situation who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Ned Colletti confirmed that the offer was made last night, but he wouldn't confirm the length or the amount. Got a message in to Boras, but you know how that goes. Until (and if) I hear back from him, there is no word on whether he and Manny are receptive to such a deal. But it certainly appears, from the outside looking in, that they are running out of options if he wants to make it somewhere by the start of spring training.
    ``We are still trying to sign Manny, and we hope that this will make him happy,'' Colletti said.
    The Dodgers' original offer to Manny, which was pulled off the table three months ago, was two years, $45 million with a club option for 2011. These are the only known offers to Ramirez by any major-league club since he filed for free agency last fall.
    Take the ****ing offer Manny so the rest of the free agents can find homes!! Manny is not going to get a better offer than this so its pointless to hold out. If Manny doesn't jump on this, the Dodgers have to make a move for Dunn or Abreu immediately.

MLB ERA

Re: Manny Gets Offer.....Again

Manny turned them down, according to ESPN:
    Ramirez turns down $25 million offer

Manny Ramirez | Dodgers
    A Dodgers spokesman confirmed to the Los Angeles Times that free-agent slugger Manny Ramirez has rejected a one-year offer of $25 million.
    According to the newspaper, team spokesman Josh Rawitch wrote an in e-mail late Monday night that agent Scott Boras notified general manager Ned Colletti of the decision.
    "We still want to sign Manny," Colletti told MLB.com ealier on Monday. "We still want to make him a Dodger. That hasn't changed."
    With less than two weeks before Spring Training starts, not much had changed between the Dodgers and Ramirez since the 2008 season ended. During the general managers Meetings in November, the Dodgers offered Ramirez two years at $45 million, plus a third-year option for $15 million. Ramirez never responded and the club withdrew that offer when the exclusive negotiating period expired November 15.

I agree that he needs to take a deal to get the rest of the FA's into camp. Maybe he'll be the last one holding out for a 4 year deal?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Looks like Manny won't be a Dodger. Colletti seems to be fed up with Boras and I don't blame him. Watch him snag Dunn or Abreu now. Not bad fallback plans.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Dodgers haven't given up on signing Manny Ramirez after he turned down their one-year, $25 million offer.
    "We haven't set a deadline yet," GM Ned Colletti said "These situations can change in an instant." Meanwhile, we imagine that Manny is wondering why a GM that gave Jason Schmidt and his damaged shoulder a three-year deal and Juan Pierre a five-year contract is being so strict about going short-term with him.
    Looks like Colletti has more patience than I thought.

MLB ERA

Perhaps Manny should realize he's 37 years old.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

By this point in the season, I can only see one conversation taking place:

Colletti: "We can only offer you 1 year, but it will be for $25 mil"
    Manny: "That sounds like it's probably fair at this...
    (Scott Boras kicks Manny under the table)
    Manny: "GAH.....I mean.....sorry, I want more than one year"
    Colletti: "How old are you again?"
    Manny: "I'm thirty..."
    (Boras lands another right foot on Manny's shin)
    Manny: "GOD DAMN...age, god damn age. Age isn't important, it's how I perform on the field that matters"
    Boras: "That's correct. We'll come back when you're ready to treat Manny with some respect. Let's go."
    Manny: "But...ok...."
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Looks like Manny won't be a Dodger. Colletti seems to be fed up with Boras and I don't blame him.
    A leaked profanity laced heated conversation reveals that Colletti is "done" with Boras.

Ned Colletti: Why don't you go back to your little Puerto Rican girlfriend?
    Scott Boras: I will go back to my ****ing Puerto Rican girlfriend!
    Colletti: Yeah?
    Boras: Yeah, you keep thinking about my girlfriend while you're ****ing your fat ****ing wife!
    Colletti: You mother****er!
    [darts for Boras]
    Boras: Get the **** off of me! You mother****er!
    Colletti: Get off of me! You mother****er.
    [is taken off of Boras]
    Colletti: I'm done with you!
    Boras: **** you!