Thread: K-Rod alters delivery, learns changeup

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

K-Rod alters delivery, learns changeup

The Official Site of The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim: News: K-Rod's new delivery a balancing act

This probably doesn't seem like a big deal at first, and there's a possibility it isn't. But I think this is definitely going to help K-Rod in the long run. His delivery has always been so violent it's seemed to lend itself to possible injury. There's no denying K-Rod has electric stuff and it's possibly the delivery may have even thrown some hitters off. But at age 26 you don't want to further any risk of injury. Also in this article, it's mentioned that K-Rod is developing a changeup, which he used to get a game ending double play off the bat of Joe Mauer. If he can add a successful changeup to his already nasty fastball and slider, the sky's the limit for this guy. I'm looking for a huge year out of K-Rod this year and probably another All-Star appearance.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Re: K-Rod alters delivery, learns changeup

This makes him a better pitcher, especially if he throws the change from the same slot as his fastball. This is what makes Johan Santana so difficult to hit.
    K-Rod didn't need much help to be one of the better closers in baseball, and this could make him just "unfair".
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Re: K-Rod alters delivery, learns changeup

as browntown pointed out, it will also make him last longer. funky deliveries are cool and fun to watch, and they mess with hitters, but in the long run they ruin arms. good job by him here, hopefully getting used to this new delivery won't mess with his production too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.