Thread: Grudz back in '08

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Grudz back in '08

Royals agreed to terms with second baseman Mark Grudzielanek on a guarantee of the 2008 player option in his contract.
    Terms weren't revealed. Grudzielanek's player option only applied if he reached an undisclosed number of plate appearances, and he may not have gotten there after missing time with knee problems this season. He would have earned either $4 million or $4.5 million under the terms of the option, depending on just how many plate appearances he received. The Royals are probably getting him for a slightly lesser amount here ($3.5 million?). Grudz has turned in a fine offensive season when healthy, hitting .306/.346/.447 in 333 at-bats, and he's still above average defensively. Since the team failed to acquire a young second baseman at the deadline, bringing him back isn't a bad move. The Royals have managed to get Esteban German plenty of playing time without making him an everyday player anywhere.
    I like Grudz and think he's a solid player. Hits for a good average and plays good defense. The Royals are smart bringing him back since there is no trading market for a second baseman.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Grudz back in '08

I have always liked Grudz as a player also. He is the tyoe of player that I would want on my team if I was player or owner. Good for Kansas City!