Thread: Minor Leaguer of the Year

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Royals Minor Leaguer of the Year

Double-A Wichita's Alex Gordon was named Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year after hitting .325/.427/.588 with 29 HR, 101 RBI and 22 SB this season.
    Gordon, who trailed only Jack Cust in OPS among full-season minor leaguers, was the obvious choice among hitters. The other top candidates were pitchers and Yovani Gallardo, who was 11-5 with a 1.86 ERA in 155 innings between Single-A Brevard County and Double-A Huntsville, probably had the best case of the bench. Still, Gordon was the right pick.
    I cannot wait to see this guy at the MLB level. Gordon, DeJesus, Shealy, Butler, and Buck make a good younger core of players.

MLB ERA
    What about Mark Teahan? Where does he fit into the team's future?
    The team looks good in the field, but they need some pitching to go with it.
    This said, Gordon looks like a legitimate prospect. His size -- 6'1". 220# may make his best position 1B, but he seems to be able to handle 3B for now. I hope he isn't another Dallas MacPherson. His minor league numbers were great and he hasn't panned out in the bigs, yet.

I'm real excited about the young necleus of players we're starting to develop. But as already stated, we need some pitching to go along with that. If some of the pitchers aquired by Dayton Moore can pan out then maybe the Royals will be on their way back to respectability or hopefully beyond.