Thread: Carlos Lee's Pinkie Update

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Astros Carlos Lee's Pinkie Update

Astros outfielder Carlos Lee's broken left little finger is not completely healed two months after he suffered six fractures when he was hit in the hand by a pitch from the Cincinnati Reds' Bronson Arroyo. Lee, who spends most of the offseason in his native Panama, was in Houston on Monday to be examined by Astros physician Dr. Tom Mehlhoff. "The doctor says it's going to be about six more weeks so that everything will be back to normal," Lee said. "Right now I'm doing exercises to get stronger and to have the movement needed in the finger." Lee, who led the National League with 100 RBIs and the Astros with 28 home runs when he was injured Aug. 9, expects to be 100 percent for spring training.
    Lee was on track for a monster year as the Astros really missed him with their infamous second half surge. With him, the Stros might have been playing in October. Astros best hope hope this isn;t a chronic problem.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Carlos Lee's Pinkie Update

Carlos Lee has a broken pinkie, Tony Romo has a broken pinkie. WTF is going on in Texas?!?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

According to the Houston Chronicle, X-rays taken Tuesday revealed that Carlos Lee's injured finger has finally healed.
    It took about a month longer than initially expected, but Lee has been cleared to use his left hand normally and will be at full strength well in time for spring training.
    Great news for the Astros. Now Ed Wade needs to worry about starting pitching and a catcher.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Pointless but fun fact - my friend 3 doors down the hall, her dad's the team doctor who did the surgery on Lee.

Anyway, it's amazing the Astros had that late surge without Lee, they could be very dangerous if they plug a healthy big bat into the middle of their lineup.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I would be trying to get some autographs or a date with this chick. A doctor's daughter who happens to be the team doctor is not a bad chick to date no matter what she looks like. She's rich and has ties to baseball.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Pointless but fun fact - my friend 3 doors down the hall, her dad's the team doctor who did the surgery on Lee.

Anyway, it's amazing the Astros had that late surge without Lee, they could be very dangerous if they plug a healthy big bat into the middle of their lineup.
    Damnit you beat me to it. She lives in the room next to me. She's pretty cute. Unfortunately she has a boyfriend.

I met the doctor when he came to visit her. He's a real nice guy, he looked at my ankle when I fell down the stairs and busted it. It swelled up so much it looked like I had a tumor on my ankle. But that's a long story...
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sounds like a short story to me. You fell down the stairs and hurt your ankle. Am I missing anything?

MLB ERA

Well kind of. I didn't hurt my ankle falling down the stairs. I rolled it so bad the bone on the side went all the way to the side and touched the ground, thus causing my whole leg to give out. Then I proceeded to fall down the stairs. So it was the rolling that was the cause of the injury. The aftermath is a funny story.

I was outside one of the dorms where my girlfriend lives, so I called her because there was no way I could walk the rest of the way to my dorm. So she supported my weight up the hill to the dorm, and helped me into the elevator. Then the elevator opened on my floor and I collapsed onto the ground. Then I yelled down the hall for browntown and he helped me the rest of the way to my room. I couldn't walk for like 2 days.

MLB ERA

That's not true. You hobbled to the flag football game.....and tried to play QB.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Until our 7th player showed up out of nowhere 4 minutes before start time.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    That's not true. You hobbled to the flag football game.....and tried to play QB.
    That was 2 days later. And it hurt like ****ing hell