Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chacon Suspended By Team

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Astros Chacon Suspended By Team

The Astros said they have suspended right-hander Shawn Chacon indefinitely.
    Chacon issued a trade demand on Wednesday after being moved to the pen, and the Astros have seemingly responded by telling him if he doesn't want to pitch for them, then he's not going to pitch anywhere. Chacon was 2-3 with a 5.04 ERA before being replace in the rotation.
    Good for the Astros. Who cares if they are making him look bad and killing any trade value? I am tired of these babies who can't handle the fact they aren't that good. Act like a pro Shawn!!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Chacon Suspended By Team

"I sat down to eat and Ed Wade came to me and very sternly said, 'You need to come with me to the office,'" Chacon said. "I said 'for what?' I said 'I don't want to go to the office with you and Cooper.' And I said, 'You can tell me whatever you got to tell me right here.' He's like, 'Oh, you want me to tell you right here?' And I said, 'yeah.' I'm not yelling. I'm calm."

Chacon said things went downhill from there.

"He started yelling and cussing," Chacon said of Wade, according to a story on the Chronicle's Web site. "I'm sitting there and I said to him very calmly, 'Ed, you need to stop yelling at me.' Then I stood up and said, 'You better stop yelling at me.' I stood up. He continued and was basically yelling."

Chacon said that after Wade told him he needed to "look in the mirror," it got worse.

Choke slam! Go for the cover, Shawn!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

nice play shakespere.

MLB ERA

all i have to say is this:

"Astros pitcher Shawn Chacon was suspended indefinitely by the team Wednesday for insubordination after reportedly grabbing general manager Ed Wade by the neck and throwing him to the ground."

MLB ERA

sounds like it was all Wade's fault too. You don't provoke a guy like that. I hope he learned his lesson. Chacon handled it perfectly. He tried to negotiate, and when that didn't work, he showed him who's boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Well, idk if I'd say he handled it perfectly. Any sane person knows better than to slam their boss to the ground, regardless of how much he's asking for it. Maybe Chacon can return to the Bronx, and join fellow nutso Sidney Ponson...hell, they can bring back David Wells too....get 3 psychopaths on one pitching staff.

MLB ERA

dude, he's not a psychopath. idc if that's his boss. you don't take that from anyone. sometimes you have to stand up for yourself. he's got lots of money, he doesn't need a job. at that point, you stand up for yourself and don't let some office man scream and swear at you

MLB ERA

But that money shouldn't make him automatically any better than you or me. I mean, I don't know the full story, this is only one side, but I will tell you that I'm still unsure as to if the body slam was necessary. I mean, you can react without slamming him to the ground.

MLB ERA

it doesn't sound like he SLAMMED him to the ground, wade would be hospitalized if he did that lol. i'll be he just like took his collar and tackled him a bit.

MLB ERA

lol, Wade's in his 50's. Any kinda tackle would hospitalize him, if it came from a professional athlete. Chacon has to maintain his cool there, regardless of Wade's behavior. That doesn't excuse Wade, but you have to be calm with you boss. Because otherwise, it looks bad when you go to try to find your new boss.

MLB ERA

eh. in this game, incidents like those are forgotten very easily with a few good outings.

MLB ERA

How many real good outings does Shawn Chacon have left in him? He got a 2 year contract for no real reason....I wouldn't expect too many teams to want him that badly.

Closed
    AAA ERA

I think teams need to stand up to these bums like the Astros did. Now for Chacon he acted like a real jack-ass and should be fined for putting his hands on another person.

Can someone tell me if this ass is suspended do the astros still have to pay him?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

at hits being Wade's fault. I don't care who the **** you think you are, you do not choke slam your boss!! Have fun never finding a job again. It would be one thing if he was good but he isn't.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

to say this was wade's fault is just not having a clue what real life is all about. I mean seriously, even if wade WAS yelling at him (which i would definitely not believe a player trying to cover his ass) his response should have been to get up and walk away.

Lets just say if anyone did this at your work place, you would A) be fired on the spot and B) in jail for assault.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast