Thread: [RUMOR] Vidro and Church for Wood

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Nationals [RUMOR] Vidro and Church for Wood

http://www.dcexaminer.com/articles/2...l_williams.txt

It is the holiday season and we all know the Nationals want pitching under their tree.

But the cost of the top-name free agents exceeds their budget. However, a real nice stocking stuffer could come in a trade that would send Jose Vidro and reserve outfielder Ryan Church to the Cubs in exchange for starting pitcher Kerry Wood.

The deal has more than a few details to be worked out, but there are two key issues. First, Vidro’s leg injuries have to be mended. Part two is Wood’s health and hefty contract.

If the deal happens, look for it to go down closer to spring training. Moving Vidro would pacify newly acquired second baseman Alfonso Soriano, who is cold on a move to the outfield.

Stay tuned.
    If Wood can stay healthy, then the deal seems a little one-sided to me in favor of the Nats...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Makes no sense to me. The Cubs have a second baseman already but no SS. Church is a good young guy who I think can do some things. Who plays CF for the Nats then? The Cubs are better off using Wood in a Tejada trade.

MLB ERA
    You wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I could care less. Just makes more sense.