Thread: Redman Traded To Royals!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Redman Traded To Royals!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2251214

DALLAS -- One day after trading left-hander Dave Williams, Pittsburgh Pirates general manager Dave Littlefield dealt another southpaw.

The Pirates sent Mark Redman to the Kansas City Royals on Wednesday for minor league reliever Jonah Bayliss and a player to be named.

With the emergence of rookie left-handers Zach Duke and Paul Maholm and the expected return of Oliver Perez and Sean Burnett to good health, Pittsburgh could afford to deal Williams and Redman. Williams was sent to the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday for first baseman Sean Casey.

Redman was a disappointment this past season after being acquired in a trade from Oakland involving catcher Jason Kendall. The 31-year-old was 5-15 with a 4.90 ERA. He is in the last year of his contract that calls for about $4 million in 2006.

A 24-year-old left-hander, Bayliss was 1-2 with eight saves and a 2.84 ERA for Class AA Wichita in the Texas League last season.
    Redman was having a good solid year til the trade talks started then choked big time. I am glad the Royals did SOMETHING and every little thing counts.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Every little thing counts to finishing with 50 wins, or less.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Sure, the Royals can afford to pay a decent pitcher some major money, not like they have major money constraints or anything.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.