Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renteria to the Braves?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather have Edgar Rent-a-season than 13 Million Dollar Furcal.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Lugo is cheaper and has a more consistent (and better recent) performance record.

Boo hoo, you caught me. I guess Renteria is better than.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer
    tampa does need pitching, yes... but...

marte, upton, cantu... young, crawford, baldelli, gomes... what a young lineup they would have. plus if niemann and townsend get to the pros (townsend already had tj surgery but meh), thatll be a decent start to a rotation combined with kazmir.
    Offense isn't the problem, it's the pitching and I can't say it enough. Without it, the Drays still are nothing.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    yea but... who cares. with a lineup like that, at the very least they'll be fun as sin to watch. its not like this is a team thats expected to win NOW anyway. wait a few years for niemann and townsend, maybe they'll have something at the top of the rotation to win with then. until that time, they still would make out the best in this deal. its not like the market for julio lugo would call for someone like john danks or cole hamels. hell, i wouldnt have even expected it to call for andy marte.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Who cares if Marte is in the lineup? They still aren't going to do much without the pitching. Do you really want to keep seeing 10-9 ballgames vs the red Sox with the Drays blowing it? I don't. This team can be competitive with some pitching. Are they going to win 90 games? No but they can at least make a difference. The Jays are getting pitching so why not the Rays?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    because the rays are smart enough not to shell out 11 million dollars for 5 years to an injury prone .500 pitcher?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    There are plenty of good pitchers out there that are better than what the Rays have right now and I wasn't talking about Burnett.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12