Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: Red s0x offer Manny for Beltran

Red Sox Rumor: Red s0x offer Manny for Beltran

According to Bob Nightengale of USA Today, the Red Sox have offered Manny Ramirez to the Mets for Carlos Beltran.
    Beltran still has six years left on his contract while Ramirez has three. Ramirez is owed $57 million including a $1 million bonus if he is traded, while Beltran is owed only $42.5 million over the next three years. Since there are not many center field options via free agency and with Johnny Damon's insistence on a five-year deal, the Red Sox would probably love to pull this off.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

<obscenities>
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Red Sox are morons. What does Manny have to do to stay in Boston? He hit another brazilion homeruns this year. The money between the two isn't that big of a difference. Stop trying to trade him, geez.

Or trade him for Pujols.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Beltran had a poor year and isn't worth the money but we all knew that coming into the year. This rids Boston of zero money and gets rid of a future HOFer. Theo's option must not be getting picked up.

MLB ERA
    Is Minaya going to screw over Epstein or is Theo being totally given up on at this point as far as returning as GM?
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Reports say that Theo will sign before Oct. 31 but who the hell knows. I doubt this report is even true.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    So this begins the weekly Manny trade rumors. Next week must be the Manny to Tampa for Huff n Puff.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Rookie ERA
    First let me say Theo was trashed after he traded Nomar, but that worked out fine. Right now this trade looks bad, but I have faith in Theo

MLB ERA
    How many is a brazilion? A billion Brazilians?
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    The Red Sox are morons. What does Manny have to do to stay in Boston? He hit another brazilion homeruns this year. The money between the two isn't that big of a difference. Stop trying to trade him, geez.

Or trade him for Pujols.
    Manny has said he's wanted out of Boston more than once

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosox21
    First let me say Theo was trashed after he traded Nomar, but that worked out fine. Right now this trade looks bad, but I have faith in Theo
    Theo was trashed at the way Nomar was treated during the whole offseason and for good reason. I don't remember them trashing Theo for finally getting rid of Nomar.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Theo was trashed at the way Nomar was treated during the whole offseason and for good reason. I don't remember them trashing Theo for finally getting rid of Nomar.

Then you better have your memory checked. The was criticized and not getting enough in return. Ask any Red Sox fan

A move like this would only make sense if we also get a guy like Paul Konerko. We scored 910 runs last season and hit 199 HR's. If we get Beltran and Konerko those numbers would be 979 runs and 210 HRs. So production would go up.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    Manny has said he's wanted out of Boston more than once

Doesn't mean that you have to honor his request. What's he going to do, hold out? ha!

According to ESPN's Peter Gammons, Manny Ramirez is no longer interested in playing for the Mets and a Carlos Beltran trade hasn't been discussed in some time.
    The Beltran deal was something the Red Sox reportedly proposed at the trade deadline. "The ironic thing is that by the end of the weekend, Manny said he would not go to the Mets," says Greg Genske, Ramirez's agent. "I know people have speculated about Pedro [Martinez] and his influence, but Manny does not want to be traded to the Mets." Genske added that if Ramirez does again request a trade Genske says "his preference would be Anaheim. He also still loves Cleveland, and would go back there." Gammons believes Arizona and Texas are also possibilities. Ramirez gains no-trade protection this winter, so it's up to him whether he wants to leave Bosto
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash

Doesn't mean that you have to honor his request. What's he going to do, hold out? ha!
    He's gonna not run outs ground balls, not hustle after fly balls, and take leaks in the monster more and more

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast