Thread: Yahoo Rumors

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yahoo Rumors

I mean, jeese, Manny? What's new.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

If the Sox do trade Manny to NYM, it won't be for Carlos. The main reason for the Sox to trade Manny is a contract, and for Beltran they'll just get a worse one back for a worse player. Makes no sense, and I hope Manny remains a Red Sox.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Griffey wont be traded this offseason. The Reds missed a golden oppertunity to trade him this year at the deadline. I would put money on it.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Griffey's no trade clause had something to do with that.

MLB ERA
    Mainly because now he has to prove his surgically repair leg is healthy again. He still played 130+ games but still in the end broke down. He, just like any other player, wants to win a ring before his time is up. He likely would not void a deal to a contender for that reason.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If he really wants a ring, he should do some waiving.
    Ted

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    He should have but he is an idiot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I thought maybe he was just trying to hit more homers than Milton allowed.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    He should have but he is an idiot.
    He hasnt turned down any trade. The only deal that has ever been accepted was him for Phil Nevin and Nevin rejected it. O'Brien was asleep at the wheel and didnt use this oppertunity to help out the Reds and Griffey's playoff chances.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Griffey has already said that he didn't want a trade so what are you talking about? Of course there is no deal they are going to accept because Griffey has already shot it down.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Griffey has already said that he didn't want a trade so what are you talking about? Of course there is no deal they are going to accept because Griffey has already shot it down.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/bbw/c...e-report_x.htm

Quote Originally Posted by article
    EARS WIDE OPEN

Cincinnati Reds center fielder Ken Griffey Jr. talked to his family last weekend and says he may be open to accepting a trade to the Chicago White Sox, if he clears waivers.

The White Sox and Reds completed a deal before the non-waiver deadline that would have sent outfielder Chris Young, first baseman Casey Rogowski and prospects to Cincinnati for Griffey. The trade included the Reds picking up at least $15 million of Griffey's remaining $41.5 million through 2008. But after the deal was completed and approved by White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf and Reds president John Allen, Reds owner Carl Lindner nixed the deal the following day.

Six high-ranking White Sox and Reds officials, including those close to Reinsdorf and Allen, confirmed the deal. The teams plan to revisit the deal if Lindner changes his mind.

"Junior is open to the possibility," said Brian Goldberg, Griffey's agent. "Originally, it caught us by surprise because we didn't know anything about it until we read it. We originally gave the Reds three teams that we would accept a deal (believed to be the Yankees, Braves and Astros), but that's not to say we wouldn't listen to the White Sox.

"Junior's first reaction is that the town is fine, the organization is fine, the people that run the organization are fine, but the only issue is that he'll be spending six weeks in Tucson (the White Sox's spring-training site in Arizona). But that doesn't preclude us from listening. And he will listen."
    Ya Griffey shot down this deal .

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    CINCINNATI -- Ken Griffey Jr. has no desire to leave his hometown team, his agent said Monday in response to another round of speculation that the Cincinnati Reds would consider trading the outfielder.

Chief operating officer John Allen said there was no truth to reports out of Chicago that the Reds and White Sox were working on a deal for Griffey, who has the right to block any trade. Reports have popped up in various forms since July.

The 35-year-old Griffey has the final say over whether he is dealt. As a player who has spent 10 years in the majors, the last five with the same team, Griffey has the right under baseball's collective bargaining agreement to block any trade.

His agent said Monday he doesn't want to go anywhere else.

"Junior is not looking to get out of Cincinnati," agent Brian Goldberg said. "If the Reds want to initiate a trade and seek his approval, that's their prerogative and Junior and I would deal with that if they were to come to us."

So far, the Reds have not. Griffey's renaissance season -- a .302 average, 33 homers, 90 RBI -- has revived his career and his popularity in Cincinnati. He is tied for 13th on the career homer list with Jimmie Foxx at 534, two shy of Mickey Mantle.

Griffey is still the best draw on the Reds' roster, the one player who can get fans interested in coming to the ballpark to see him take a swing at history or make a sensational play in center field.

Any deal involving the outfielder would have to be approved by Reds owner Carl Lindner, who brought Griffey home in February 2000 on a nine-year, $116.5 million deal that runs through 2008. Lindner has given no indication he would approve a trade unless Griffey asks to leave.

Allen confirmed that there have been no discussions with Griffey about a deal.

"The continued pending trade reports this past weekend regarding the Reds and the White Sox are rumors and there's no merit to them," Allen said in a phone interview Monday. "In addition, it should be remembered that Ken is a 5-and-10 (year) player and would have to be involved in any discussion in that regard.

"We have not and do not intend to have any such discussions with Ken and his agent."

Trade speculation will become moot at midnight Wednesday. Any player dealt after that deadline won't be eligible for the postseason.

The speculation involving Griffey underscores his remarkable comeback from his worst injury. Griffey tore his right hamstring from the bone and had it reattached with three titanium screws last August, jeopardizing his career.

The hamstring hadn't fully recovered by spring training. He got off to a slow start, but has looked like the old Junior since July. His 16 homers since the All-Star break are the most in the majors, and he's hitting .370 in August with 10 homers and 19 RBIs.

Griffey is hitting .458 during a 14-game hitting streak, kept intact Monday when Cincinnati's game in Pittsburgh was rained out.

His contract calls for base salaries of $12.5 million in each of the next three seasons, plus an option for 2009 at $16.5 million. The club could buy out the option year for $4 million.

In all, Griffey is owed $41.5 million after the 2005 season, so he wouldn't be a short-term or cheap fix for any playoff contender looking to add another slugger.

Griffey expects to stay in Cincinnati.

"There's no use talking about hypotheticals here because nobody from the Reds has asked us about any kind of trade," Goldberg said. "As long as nobody asks, we have to assume there is nothing in the works."

Yeah its looks like he was open to a trade there. Griffey has repeatedly said he does not want to go anywhere and that is HIS own fault.

MLB ERA
    care to date and link that article?

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Link this article? Do you think I made this shit up? He has been saying this ever since he got hurt the first time and the trade rumors started three years ago. As for date, around the trade deadline obviously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast