Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milton Bradley a Mariner; Carlos Silva is going to hate Chicago

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Milton Bradley a Mariner; Carlos Silva is going to hate Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    What good did that risk do for the cubs needing a hitter?

Are you saying that Milton Bradley is definitely going to not produce? I too am worried about his attitude in the clubhouse. He will be a cancer to the team. He is the TO of MLB. But, he will likely still hit, and hit well.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Milton Bradley even when hes on the bad side of bipolar has better value than Carlos Silva who won a total of like 6 games in 2 seasons in Seattle. Id rather have Bradley than Silva who is set to make 24 mill over the next 2 seasons. Bradley could easily be our DH. And they still have the money if they decide to get Jason Bay. What has the Angels done to get the divison back? Hideki Matsui? Is he the answer? John Lackey and Figgins, two key parts of their team are gone. As for the M's not having a .500 SLG bat, how many teams outside of NY, PHI and BOS have them? Only 21 hitters had a .500 SLG that qualified total.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I just think that the lineup will need a big bat like that. Somewhere in that area at least man. Jason Bay would be such a huge boost to that.

The Mets are rumored to be heavy on him, would Seattle push hard enough for him? They may get a discount since Bay is said to want to play with the M's anyhow.

On the flip side, Jim Hendry actually didn't make the worst move in the world. The net cost for Silva is $19M over 2 years. There was obviously no market for Bradley, so he basically got $6M to cut Bradley.

Of course he should have never signed Bradley in the first place, everybody in the world knew that was a brutal signing.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I didn't think it was a brutal signing last year. I was actually scared of the Cubs after they did it. Bradley came off a huge year in Texas. If the M's can find a way to keep him sane as the Rangers did, they will see production.

I thought it was bad just because we know Bradley can't play the field every day and the Cubs have Soriano entrenched in LF. Plus the money and years were crazy for a guy who has never had a solid full season like he did last year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Seattle's Media isnt as in your face as Chicago's Media. I think this will help Bradley stay sane. Most likely he will be this teams DH. Bay is from Kirkland, which is about 10 minutes north of Seattle. But its highly unlikely, that we get him. I dont think Jack is done trading or making moves yet.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Bay lives in Kirkland, but he's from Trail BC.

You an M's fan? I live in Langley BC, right on the border. I go to Seattle to watch the Jays play there when I can. Nice to see the M's getting back on track after the brutal last few years.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Im a huge M's fan. Been one since 1987.

Its nice to see moves that get rid of the Bavasi regime.

Carlos Silva in 2 season in Seattle.

4-18, 6.81 ERA, 254 H, 79 Ks, 44 BB in 183.2 IP

All I can say is. I don't care if Bradley repeats the worst season of his career. This is a win.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Impossibles...meet Porter!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I read the conflicting articles on Yahoo. And I'm trying to figure out why trading Carlos Silva is a bad thing. Cubs fans are actually HAPPY they got a grade C pitching machine for Milton Bradley? Are they that insane? I can see where they say hes a cancer. But they said that about Jose Guillen and Carl Everett and did they act up?

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    Cubs fans are actually HAPPY they got a grade C pitching machine for Milton Bradley? Are they that insane? I can see where they say hes a cancer. But they said that about Jose Guillen and Carl Everett and did they act up?
    I am not exactly happy about the trade, but I am just glad to have Milton Bradley out of the city. He is a good hitter don't get me wrong, and he will produce if he wants. It's just his attitude. We are trying to be as positive as we can. We thought we could totally do well last year, when we added Bradley, but things don't really work out the way you want sometimes. If he doesn't want to play in an organization with all the negativities, he either needs to step it up be a leader, change the way this team feels or get out. Sitting in the back seat and criticizing it will not get you anyway.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

It's only spring training, but the Carlos Silva experiment does not get off to a good start for the Cubs.

Code:
    CHICAGO CUBS                  
                                              IP   H   R  ER HR BB  K
    C Silva (L,0-1)                    2    7   6   6   0   2   2

Rookie ERA

Silva won't see much action as a Cub. It was just our way of getting rid of Bradley. I can see him being placed in AAA until his contract runs out.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Really? I don't know... I mean, I don't necessarily think he has a shot at the rotation, but given the money he makes, I figured he would be the mopup guy in the pen to throw innings when it no longer matters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast