Thread: Peavy to the White Sox

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Trade Peavy to the White Sox

The Padres get four pitching prospects: Adam Russell, Dexter Carter, Aaron Poreda, and Clayton Richard.

Hooray, more money for Becky Moores and her poolboy lover!

MLB ERA

Re: Peavy to the White Sox

This is a great trade by both sides. Getting Clayton Richard was big for the Padres. They Sox are now a very, very legit contender once Peavy comes back from injury, but they still have lots of work to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

4:45pm: Two White Sox officials tell USA Today's Bob Nightengale that the Sox will pay all of Peavy's contract. That means they'll pay him $56MM by the end of 2012 and maybe more afterwards.
    Good job by the Padres here. I feel kind of bad for Jake though. Apparently, according to his agent Barry Axelrod, he accepted a deal to Chicago because it wasn't a guarantee that the Cubs or Dodgers, his 2 top choices, would want him in the offseason. So he settled. He probably felt the pressure of the deadline. Brett Favre got 6 f'ing months to make his decision and Peavy only got a half hour. It's a big decision. Good luck to him in Chicago. I think he will do well when he returns from the DL. It will be very weird to see him in a Sox uni.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Getting rid of your ace is great if your soon-to-be ex-wife is about to rape you for your bank account. But until one of those prospects becomes a Cy Young candidate, there is no way you can argue that this was a great baseball decision.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

By the way, Dexter Carter is 23 and still pitching in Class A, and Adam Russell is a 26 year old Triple A reliever.