Thread: The Mayor Retires

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

MLB The Mayor Retires

Sean Casey, who hit .302 in 12 major league seasons, reportedly is retiring to join the MLB Network.

WEEI-Radio in Boston reported that Casey would retire and join the MLB Network in an unknown capacity.

Casey, who backed up at first base for the Red Sox in 2008, hit .322 last season in 69 games.

A longtime member of the Reds, Casey hit a career-best .332 in 1999 while with Cincinnati. He twice (1999 and 2004) drove in 99 runs with the Reds.
    This shows the economic climate we are in when guys like Casey have to retire. Casey could have found a job somewhere since he can still hit. I have no doubt he will do a fantastic job on MLB Network and he is one of the more outgoing guys in baseball. Congrats to Casey on a fine career playing the game and to his new one talking about it.

MLB ERA

Re: The Mayor Retires

Casey was always a good player, solid defense, good hitter, although his power was never outstanding, he was always more than capable. Sad to see him forced out, but he'll do well with the MLB Network.

MLB ERA

He can still play, this surprised me a bit. He had a great career, I wish the guy nothing but the best in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

He was a damn good player. He probably could have gotten a job if he wanted to wait till the end of ST when teams get desperate, but if this is his decision, then I'm happy he retired on his terms, and wish him all the best.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If he wasn't left handed I wanted the Giants to sign him to platoon with Ishikawa. The guy showed he can still hit and he is just one of those you can't possibly hate.

Rookie ERA

Great guy!!! Good career!! Goodluck to him