Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K-rod to the Mets

MLB ERA

Free Agent K-rod to the Mets

ESPN - Source: New York Mets agree to three-year deal with Francisco Rodriguez

K-Rod, Mets agree to preliminary contract - Baseball- nbcsports.msnbc.com

NEW YORK METS AGREE TO CONTRACT WITH K-ROD FRANCISCO RODRIGUEZ - New York Post

FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - Tuesday MLB winter meetings blog

FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal confirmed that Francisco Rodriguez would get a three-year, $37 million deal from the Mets.
    The contract includes a vesting option for a fourth year. All indications are that the deal is now done. Dec. 9 - 3:14 pm et
    The New York Mets have reached an agreement in principle with All-Star closer Francisco Rodriguez on a three-year, $37 million contract, according to major-league sources. The deal includes a $14 million vesting option for a fourth year that would raise the total value of the contract to $51 million.

The deal is contingent upon Rodriguez passing a physical, and the language of the contract still needs to be finalized.

That vesting option is within reach as long as Rodriguez pitches his normal number of innings as a closer, either in the third year of the deal or in a combination of years two and three. "Basically, he's just got to be healthy," one source said.

The deal also includes performance bonuses that are considered within reasonable reach.

Sounds like the Mets have inked K-rod. Nice move Omar, getting the best closer on the market in a deal that would be considered a bargain by many. Also, signing K-rod quickly allows the Mets to go out and look at a big time Starter, to fill their other holes, instead of waiting till February and being stuck with the leftovers.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: K-rod to the Mets

So team Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic will be the Mets this year. Haha

I am not too sure what to think about K Rod right now. Dude saved a lot of games last year despite losing velocity. Is he on a decline?

MLB ERA

Well, that worried me a little bit too, but I think he's fine. I mean, he was pretty nasty when I saw him play. Not to mention that he claims it was just to help him locate, and help his changeup. I'm not positive on how true it is, but I mean, if he can pitch like he did last year(and at 26, he shouldn't be declining yet), I'm happy.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I love this deal for the Mets! Its only three years and not too over market. Krod is definitely worth the money and is coming off a record year. That will bring in a lot of attention to the team that is opening a new park. Blockbuster deals like this helps the cause. The Mets have filled a major role and now will need to build a supporting cast in the pen.

MLB ERA

Intriguing/Unimportant Question: K-rod wore 57. Johan wears 57. Johan already has 57 as a Met, and will NOT be relinquishing that. What number will K-rod wear as a Met?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    62!
    FTW

MLB ERA

62?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Number of record breaking saves.

MLB ERA

Right.

MLB ERA

Who cares?

They need to be able to get to the 9th with a lead for him to matter.

Maybe if they had a decent MR...

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Who cares?

Don't be bitter that your biggest offseason move is Nick Swisher, that you're not gonna get Texiera, and that CC just rejected your offer. You know this deal is a huge step in the right direction.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I love this deal for the Mets! Its only three years and not too over market. Krod is definitely worth the money and is coming off a record year. That will bring in a lot of attention to the team that is opening a new park. Blockbuster deals like this helps the cause. The Mets have filled a major role and now will need to build a supporting cast in the pen.
    I couldn't agree more with this statement. Great job by the Mets on this one. It's a win for the team and a win for K-Rod.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Don't be bitter that your biggest offseason move is Nick Swisher, that you're not gonna get Texiera, and that CC just rejected your offer. You know this deal is a huge step in the right direction.
    I would LOVE for you to find me where CC rejected our offer. HE DIDN'T. It's still on the table, and if you read Peter Abraham's blog (which you obviously don't), CC should and is taking time with his decision. I'm confident he will come to NY, but I'm all for him making an educated decision rather than jumping on the first offer.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Who cares?

dude, one move at a time....they need to totally retool their bullpen. They just happened to get the closer first. It's a long offseason, I anticipate more bullpen moves by the Mets in the future

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast