Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: K-rod to the Mets

MLB ERA

Re: K-rod to the Mets

No, K-Rod is fair game on the free agent market just like anyone else. I don't see what's wrong with this situation. It's not like he "belonged" to another team. His contract ran out, that's what happens sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Its all business. No stealing or being vultures. Only one team had the means to afford him and the Mets did what they had to do.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Don't be bitter that your biggest offseason move is Nick Swisher, that you're not gonna get Texiera, and that CC just rejected your offer. You know this deal is a huge step in the right direction.
    Hey, guess what?

Your team still sucks, and still won't make the playoffs.

I love Mets fans who think that adding a closer is putting them over the top...closing game wasn't the problem...it was when your starter left you had the problems.

Maybe getting caught and ****ed yet again by the Phillies has the Mets fans a little rabid...KRod is by no means the best closer in baseball, and most likely will never be.

Maybe if you can stake him to 3 run leads every game, he can keep his 2.90 ERA.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    I would LOVE for you to find me where CC rejected our offer. HE DIDN'T. It's still on the table, and if you read Peter Abraham's blog (which you obviously don't), CC should and is taking time with his decision. I'm confident he will come to NY, but I'm all for him making an educated decision rather than jumping on the first offer.
    Be serious. I doubt he's coming to NY.

We'll get back Pettite, sign Lowe, and get Sheets to round out our rotation. Maybe we don't even sign Lowe, and we use Phil Hughes.

I'd love to see CC here, but when he tells ****ing Ned Colleti that he wants to be a Dodger, I don't see us getting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYgiantsfan5689 View Post
    dude, one move at a time....they need to totally retool their bullpen. They just happened to get the closer first. It's a long offseason, I anticipate more bullpen moves by the Mets in the future
    That's just the thing...they didn't pursue Affeldt, they aren't rumored to be in the hunt for any of the good MRs out there...they think that solving the issue at closer is solving the problem.

It's funny, on most days the Mets can say they have 1-6 and 9 wrapped up.

7-8 are why they will miss the playoffs yet again, and maybe finish in 3rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    It said on rotoworld earlier that he had, and even if he hasn't, it seems like he is leaning away, and it seems like many Yankee fans(at least the ones on talk radio) are getting sick of him and asking him to either choose them or go away...
    He isn't going to come.

However, talk radio is not a justifiable source. I call into WFAN all the time when I'm home to talk to Tony Page or Mark Malusis on the late night...
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Well I think if any or just one of the west coast teams offered Sabathia the same amount of money as the Yanks, he will sign with the west coast team.
    Not so sure about that...

He'd probably like to play in the playoffs...that's why he still isn't, and won't be a Giant or Athletic.

Well, he is actually Giant and Athletic, but he won't play for the Giants or Athletics.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Hey if the Giants can give Zito 126 million, then I wont be surprised that they wont offer CC 140m.
    Isn't that why they can't give him that money?
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    It'd be nice for baseball if F-raud blows for the Mets. I'm tired of these non-creative asshat big market general managers stealing talented players away from the teams that had the patience to groom them into stars.
    That's why Ned Colleti and the Dodgers "home-grow" all their talent.

When you sign CC Sabathia, let's see if you still are resigned to that belief.

Oh, hey Rafael Furcal and Derek Lowe...you played for the Dodgers too, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Ok, don't call it 'stealing', then. Does 'being vultures' sound better to you?
    Like the Dodgers.

Don't forget that.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Its all business. No stealing or being vultures. Only one team had the means to afford him and the Mets did what they had to do.
    Not true...only one team had the means to overpay so drastically and KRod jumped at the money in the crappy FA market...also, now he gets to be "big-time" in NY...

Just like Armando Benitez

MLB ERA

BTdubs shorty, I don't have anything against you, I just really, really hate the Mets.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sorry Dry but you are way off on a lot of accounts. ljshorty has never said that this Krod move puts them over the top. He has mentioned several times that they still need a bat, bullpen and starting pitching. This is a great move and Krod was not drastically overpaid, either in years or money. He makes $2.7 million less than Rivera does!! Plus Krod doesn't have a 2.90 ERA so you were wrong with that one too. He has a career ERA of 2.35 and just came off an amazing year of 62 saves and a 2.24 ERA!! Krod is one of the best closers in baseball and that's not debatable. Not even close to Armando Benitez!!

And yes, if a team like the Giants or Dodgers offered up a big contract to Sabathia he would take it. Sabathia on the Giants would definitely make them contenders and the same goes with the Dodgers. He knows this which makes your Sabathia wants to get to the playoffs theory garbage. The NL West is weak and very winnable with Sabathia. And yes the Giants can get the money for Sabathia. They have met with him and will meet with him again to discuss a possible deal. And the A's were never rumored to be involved so you are right in that he won't be an Athletic.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    That's why Ned Colleti and the Dodgers "home-grow" all their talent.
    Not Ned Colletti. But it's a fact that a majority of starters were homegrown guys.
    When you sign CC Sabathia, let's see if you still are resigned to that belief.
    We're not getting Sabathia, seeing how the owner couldn't even afford to offer Furcal arbitration.
    Oh, hey Rafael Furcal and Derek Lowe...you played for the Dodgers too, right?
    How soon everyone forgets that we were laughed at when those two "middle tier" free agents were thought to be overpaid. Would anyone now be shocked that the now "elite" shortstop gets $40-50 million?
    Like the Dodgers.

Don't forget that.
    Like the Dodgers? I almost forgot that it's the Yankee media that started the "We should get that guy!!!" campaign for Matt Kemp.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I know I laughed when the Dodgers overpaid Furcal

MLB ERA

BTdubs shorty, I don't have anything against you, I just really, really hate the Mets.
    No offense taken, I just think you're mistaken in a lot of ways. I don't think this move puts us over the top. I think that this is the beginning of solving our biggest problem. The Mets have been tied to Juan Cruz, Brandon Lyon, Trevor Hoffman, Chad Cordero, JJ Putz, and Huston Street. Obviously they won't get all of them, but the odds of at least 1 or 2 of these guys(and some other FA MR's that you aren't think of like Joe Beimel) becoming Mets are fairly good. Also, i think we still need one more SP, even a guy like Jon Garland would fill a hole for the Mets. I just think that this move was executed perfectly and is the START of a very good offseason. Not to mention that the Phillies have done absolutely nothing but lose Burrell(and leave Moyer unsigned). So, while it doesn't put us over the top, it shows me that the Mets mean business.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Sorry Dry but you are way off on a lot of accounts. ljshorty has never said that this Krod move puts them over the top. He has mentioned several times that they still need a bat, bullpen and starting pitching. This is a great move and Krod was not drastically overpaid, either in years or money. He makes $2.7 million less than Rivera does!! Plus Krod doesn't have a 2.90 ERA so you were wrong with that one too. He has a career ERA of 2.35 and just came off an amazing year of 62 saves and a 2.24 ERA!! Krod is one of the best closers in baseball and that's not debatable. Not even close to Armando Benitez!!

And yes, if a team like the Giants or Dodgers offered up a big contract to Sabathia he would take it. Sabathia on the Giants would definitely make them contenders and the same goes with the Dodgers. He knows this which makes your Sabathia wants to get to the playoffs theory garbage. The NL West is weak and very winnable with Sabathia. And yes the Giants can get the money for Sabathia. They have met with him and will meet with him again to discuss a possible deal. And the A's were never rumored to be involved so you are right in that he won't be an Athletic.
    Wow, someone defending me! haha. Nah, you got my argument just right, Reefer. If it was up to me, the Mets would acquire Chad Cordero(cheap FA deal), Huston Street(for Heilman and a prospect, now that the Rockies signed their lefty MR), Orlando Hudson(just trade Castillo for a bag of rocks), Jon Garland(FA, solid 4 starter). That would put us over the top, if you ask me.

MLB ERA

Be serious. I doubt he's coming to NY.

We'll get back Pettite, sign Lowe, and get Sheets to round out our rotation. Maybe we don't even sign Lowe, and we use Phil Hughes.

I'd love to see CC here, but when he tells ****ing Ned Colleti that he wants to be a Dodger, I don't see us getting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

This thread is just stupid.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123