Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees/Tigers swap Pudge for Farnsworth

MLB ERA

Re: Yankees/Tigers swap Pudge for Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yes, I call the Joba situation a fiasco!! Would they have not been better off starting him in Spring Training? Maybe if they actually got a starter in the offseason or if they just started Joba when they shoudl have, they would be looking down on the Rays and Sox instead of looking up. It was not handled well either way you look at it.
    That's your opinion. That doesn't make it a fiasco. Looks like it's actually turning out pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Jose had very little to do with the Angels winning but you're right he has a ring. Pudge has actually EARNED a ring and has more than 8 ABs in October.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    That's your opinion. That doesn't make it a fiasco. Looks like it's actually turning out pretty well.
    It's my opinion that it could have been handled better? I think that's pretty much fact bro! It is turning out well NOW. Could be a lot better if they had him starting the whole time like I pointed out.

MLB ERA

Okay, but by your same argument against Manny, Pudge is old as ****. He's not the guy that's gonna make the difference for this team.

MLB ERA

It's my opinion that it could have been handled better? I think that's pretty much fact bro! It is turning out well NOW. Could be a lot better if they had him starting the whole time like I pointed out.
    How is it a fact? We used him as a set up man for a good part of the beginning of the season, and it was huge for us. You can't know if it would be "better" unless you play out both situations which is impossible. So you can't call it a fact

MLB ERA

But the point was that the risk out weighed the reward. If he hadn't taken to starting right away, you wouldn't have been able to move him back to the bullpen. Hence, 90% of Yankee fans wanted them to either have done it in spring training, or wait till next spring training. You don't change a young guy's role mid season. They got lucky that a few weeks later he was NEEDED, or else they would have taken an unnecessary risk.

George: Dead or Alive?
    AA ERA

Okay Reefer, we'll let Joba start the season in the rotation and throw 200 innings. Good idea. I'll bill you on the Tommy John or rotator cuff surgery. Sound fair?
    Save Phil Hughes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by perforatededge54 View Post
    Okay Reefer, we'll let Joba start the season in the rotation and throw 200 innings. Good idea. I'll bill you on the Tommy John or rotator cuff surgery. Sound fair?
    Exactly. Another reason why they didn't do it

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan5689 View Post
    How is it a fact? We used him as a set up man for a good part of the beginning of the season, and it was huge for us. You can't know if it would be "better" unless you play out both situations which is impossible. So you can't call it a fact
    It's fact that it could have been handled better than they did!! Find a person who thinks the Yankees handled it perfectly. Please find me one so I can call them a ****ing an idiot!

MLB ERA

But changing a guy's role mid-season INCREASES likelihood of injury...

AA ERA

It's fact that it could have been handled better than they did!! Find a person who thinks the Yankees handled it perfectly. Please find me one so I can call them a ****ing an idiot!
    You'd be insulting quite a few people big guy.
    Save Phil Hughes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yes because that's what always happens. Maybe if the Yankees decided he would start, Joba could have trained more in the offseason. Wait, that would be too easy. Kids don't know how to train these days.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You'd be insulting quite a few people big guy.
    So they couldn't have handled it any better than they did? Please tell me that is what you are saying little man.

AA ERA

Yes because that's what always happens. Maybe if the Yankees decided he would start, Joba could have trained more in the offseason. Wait, that would be too easy. Kids don't know how to train these days.

What kind of "training" are we talking about? Some arm circles? Maybe some jumping jacks? Pitchers under 25 who throw over 20IP more in successive years have a higher risk of arm injuries, whether they do up downs in their backyard or not.
    Save Phil Hughes

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You honestly think relief pitchers and starters train the same? Well friend, they don't! All pitchers under 25 have a high risk of arm injuries. The ones that take training seriously do not have problems. Taking a reliever and converting him to starter in midseason is not an injury risk?

Everyone keeps dodging my question! I wonder why?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast