Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocket to the Rangers

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rocket to the Rangers

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printe...y-sports-print

This makes more sense for everyone. Clemens gets to stay in Texas, Astros get better prospects and the Rangers get a HOFer to help make a push at their first WS.

Makes more sense that Rocket to NY, but still crap.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

AA ERA
    Makes sense to me. Could see it happening.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Rookie ERA
    I am not denying this story's validity BUT...."The seven-time Cy Young Award winner has expressed interest in joining the Texas Rangers, according to two people familiar with Clemens' thinking.

There is more to the story..."According to someone who became familiar with Clemen's dog-walkers way of thinking when Clemen's dog "allegedly" dropped material of unknown origin and mass on his yard later to be sold on e-bay for $500.00, he may be interested in Arizona."

I can't seem to locate the link so I am only 90% sure that this might have happened, according to sources familiar with my backside.

AA ERA
    As much as I would love to see Texas win the division and go all the way, I do not want to see Roger there. It's time for Roger to start showing some loyalty and start being a big part of the solution with the Astros. I am so tired of guys wanting out when things are bad whether it's Pay-Rod, Johnson, and now Clemens. I think the Astros are still a darn good team and you know they will heat up.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Part of the solution would have been for the Astros to actually do something in the offseason.

Rookie ERA
    Don't get me wrong. I am not married to the whole Clemens thing. I think his best asset to the club at this time is through trade and the Rangers have better peospects than the Yankees.

My whole rant had to do with the way it was written.

This is IMO nothing more than an attempt by Rocket to use the Rangers for a third time to drive up his price. He did it before he signed with Toronto, he did it to force his way to NY and he's doing it yet again.

I for one would LOVE to have him pitch here, but I'm scared of giving up what Houston would want in return....

AA ERA
    Say no to Clemens.

Great pitcher, but I wouldn't want a guy like that on my team.

Rookie ERA

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/printe...y-sports-print

This makes more sense for everyone. Clemens gets to stay in Texas, Astros get better prospects and the Rangers get a HOFer to help make a push at their first WS.

no kdding, he could probally give them a WS title

Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    Clemens could not just give them a WS title. One player doesn't make a team. He would add leadership and experience to a team. He would be a great addition to any team and could help any team win when he's on the mound.

MLB ERA
    From BP-
    "The back-of-the-napkin estimate is that Clemens is owed roughly $12 million for the rest of the season, and reportedly there is a $3 million penalty tacked on to that if he is traded. If he goes to the Bronx Bombers, they'll have the honor of paying 40 extra cents in luxury tax for each dollar of salary they add. So that's roughly $21 million total cost for two-thirds of a season of work, if they made a deal today."
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    He would certainly help but our biggest weakness right now is in the bullpen (Odd considering it was our rock last year). Unless this shores up I can't see us advancing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast