Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocket to the Rangers

AA ERA
    Taylor: I think Texas pen has done okay. They did a good job against the Twins when they were at the Dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedc

He's bullshitting; he knows he wants a ring.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I dont see why they would deal for Rocket when already have 40 year old Kenny Rogers dominating AL hitting right now. They have a young stud in Chris Young it seems. But they need is Ryan Drese to wake up and pitch like he did last season.

2004- Opp BA/OBP/SLG = .285/.339/.409
    2005- Opp BA/OBP/SLG = .334/.390/.470

2004- K/BB = 1.69
    2005- K/BB = 0.83

Hes projected to give up 40 more hits than last season (273 Hits compared to 233).

They need guys that can get quailty starts, not an ace.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The astros drafted Clemens' son. He ain't going anywhere now.

I can't see him going anywhere. He is a rent a player and for Texas, they have a great young organization that can do better than renting a player for a couple of months and giving up prospects.

He has 2 rings. Why would Rocket care about another with all things considered?

Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    He's bullshitting; he knows he wants a ring.

MLB ERA
    Why would Michael Jordan keep coming back? Because he loves the game? Please. Because he loves to win.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

The decision is not his solely #1. #2, I was only pointing out that he is not hell bent on getting a ring before he retires...already has 2.

Of course he would like another but he also likes his set up with the Astros. I doubt he will push for a trade. I doubt even more anyone will want to give a lot for him.

MLB ERA
    I thought he would retire. At this point, he does what he likes, and I'm sure the Astros would consider moving his salary for young talent, even with the loss of attendance that would result. Be open to the possibility, and aware of the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12