Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Royals to the NL, Brewers back to the AL?

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Royals to the NL, Brewers back to the AL?

It wouldn't necessarily be about the money. This would provide both teams with better geographic rivals. Milwaukee v. Minnesota/Detroit. Kansas City v. St. Louis. This would lead to more road fans travelling - good for baseball and, as Dry pointed out, the gate.

Would also cut down on the travel time for two geographic outliers in each division. I think it would be a good move for both clubs.

It could happen as soon as 2009 as well, so talk of current competition is important.

C you there
    MLB ERA

Puravida has a good valid point there

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Royals to the NL, Brewers back to the AL?

I hope the Brewers stay in the NL as well. The Royals would make the NL Central even weaker for the next few years. They are still rebuilding. Look at how long it took my beloved Brewers to just be competitive in the weak NL Central.

Dumb move if for both leagues if they make this switch.

Biased for Baltimore
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D™ View Post
    Win Easy? last year was the first good year they had since 92 I believe

they suck they need to go back to the trash hole League they came from, yes The American League

they can't hang with the big boys, and keep KC over there with them

Dumbest comment ever. Which league has been the dominant one for the last decade or more? The AL! Now its one thing if you are a traditionalist who appreciates the Senior Circuit game, but don't kid yourself into thinking that the Brew Crew would fare better in the AL. The big boys??? Wrong league buddy.

MLB ERA

I'm a bit torn about this. I frequently go to KC to watch the Royals play someone -- usually the Twins -- and enjoy the atmosphere at the ballpark there. I could get used to them being in the NL though. As to the Brewers, they might be better suited, with the players they have now, to be in the AL. They have some deficiencies on defense that could be masked by allowing Fielder, Braun, Hall and Weeks to DH once in a while.
    I think the Royals would be relatively competitive in the NL Central very quickly. They have some excellent young talent on that team.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123