Thread: Phillies Acquire Lohse

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Phillies Acquire Lohse

Phillies acquire RHP Kyle Lohse from the Reds for LHP Matt Maloney.
    Lohse brings a 6-12 record and a 4.58 ERA with him to Philadelphia. A flyball pitcher, he a poor fit for Citizens Bank Park. Still, he's a reliable No. 4 starter on a team that needed one. With Maloney rather low on the Phillies' depth chart, this isn't a bad move for Pat Gillick. It's just that there were pitchers out there better suited for the job. Maybe not a whole bunch, but a few. It's likely that Lohse will displace J.D. Durbin in the rotation. Left-hander Phil Dumatrait could replace him in Cincinnati.
    Of all the people to go after (Garland, Morris, etc.) they wind up with Lohse. This in no way "helps" the team push into the playoffs.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Phillies Acquire Lohse

"Reliable" is the last word I would use to describe Lohse. Some nights this guy looked like an ace and had stuff to dazzle ..... it was just those "other nights" where he mentally wasn't on his game and problems quickly snowball out of control. Lohse is a project player and one who could be an easy #3 or better yet, a #2, should he correct that but I wouldn't want him pitching for my team in a playoff game.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Phillies Acquire Lohse

The way Philadelphia is scoring runs this year, this could just end up being a great trade for the Phillies!!! Loshe has been pitching well as of late also. so that helps too!!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Phillies Acquire Lohse

It's worth the gamble for a prospect who's not supposed to be anything special...I highly doubt Lohse does anything to improve the Phillies though.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.