Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teixeira to ATL

Braves Rumor - Teixeira to ATL

Teixeira to return to Atlanta?
    Posted: Wednesday July 11, 2007 09:58AM ET

One of many trade rumors making the rounds at the All-Star Game had the Braves among a handful of teams still interested in Rangers first baseman Mark Teixeira. Two potential sticking points: The Rangers would probably accept nothing less than top Braves prospect Jarrod Saltalamacchia and another young player, and Teixeira is represented by agent Scott Boras and is expected to ask for a long-term contract worth perhaps $20 million per season.
    FanNation | Truth&Rumors | Teixeira to return to Atlanta?

If the Braves get Teixeira, they would be deadly.

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA

Re: Teixeira to ATL

What a thread title... a ? would have helped.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...ease-read.html

-Rumors must have the word Rumor in the title of the thread and a link to a credible source needs to be provided.

No discussion? No thought on this then?????????

It's me... Gene Parmesan
    Rookie ERA

Think it probably won't happen. Braves won't give up that much to get a rental and they won't sign him to what he wants.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...bedard2006.jpg

TSSL - Houston Astros
    TPSL - Chicago White Sox

MLB ERA

I doubt JS will give up Salty. It's just my opinion but I don't see them getting rid of Salty right now.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    No discussion? No thought on this then?????????
    You'll have to forgive the inital response.

People are probably taken aback after opening the thread to see who Teixeira was traded for only to find out that it was just a rumor stating they're interested in him.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Teixeira is represented by agent Scott Boras and is expected to ask for a long-term contract worth perhaps $20 million per season.
    I could just imagine if an announcement of such a deal were to take place at the Liberty Media shareholders' meeting and the looks on the faces of the shareholders immediately after.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, our latest investment, at the cost of 20 million dollars a year...Mark Teixeiraaaa!!"

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

This will never happen for two reasons.
    1. Salty has way more upside and they can move McCann to first.
    2. I don't think anyone is dumb enough to give Teixeira $20 mil per, especially the Braves.

The Braves can take that money and get a front line pitcher with that money plus someone to replace Jones.

MLB ERA

McCann won't be moving to first.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Why not? Scouts are even saying if anyone is moving positions, it's McCann.

MLB ERA

I just don't see him moving to first or any position. The only way that would happen would be if Salty don't pan out at first. Hell, I don't know. Anything can happen.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I am just going by what I read when Salty first came up. They said he had the better arm and baseball mentality but needed to work on blocking balls. I just think it would be smarter for them to move one or the other to first and spend money on pitching and a CFer. I saw where Boras thinks he can get Jones a $120 mil deal

MLB ERA

The Braves do need another starter, thats for sure. They had Hampton and he got hurt so they need another vet that can get the job done.

Yeah, Boras still believes he can get big bucks for Jones even with his struggles. Man I wish the Braves can find some way to keep him. They need his bat but I keep thinking that it most likely won't happen.

Turn 2

I don't see this happening. For one the Braves need to concentrate on developing there pitching and getting younger pitcher, not dealing there pitchers. Which is definetly what the Rangers really need and want. And they are also not ready to get rid of Salty and his talent for a rent a player in Tex.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast