Thread: Ryan Howard's Contract is Renewed

MLB ERA

Phillies Ryan Howard's Contract is Renewed

Quote Originally Posted by RotoWorld
    Phillies renewed the contract of first baseman Ryan Howard.
    The Phillies were generous, even if the two sides couldn't come to terms. Howard will get $900,000 this year, a new record for a player with less than two years of service time. Kerry Wood held the previous mark, earned $690,000 in 2002.
    Not really surprising considered his awesome season last year.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Actually it's surprising because Mark DeRosa makes more than Ryan Howard right now. Way to be cheap, Philly.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Mark Derosa has also played for nine overall seasons (not full ones mind you), and the Phillies own Howard for a nice amount of years anyway.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    I hadn't realized how low MLB rookie salaries are compared to the NFL and the NBA, where they make boatloads right out the gate. Then again, the cream of the crop baseball players make more than the other 2 leagues.

Rookie ERA
    What a bargain for just one season. After this season, they need to lock him up a longer term contract. I wonder what it'll be worth.

Rookie ERA
    its actually really sad. hes the second best first baseman in the league, the MVP, just look at his swing. he is the heart of the phillies he deserves more.

MLB ERA
    It's all going into the bank anyways; his mom manages his money (no BS). He comes from a strong family background and it's only a matter of time before he gets PAID.

Howard is by far my favorite player to watch that is not on the A's.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A'sDiehard View Post
    It's all going into the bank anyways; his mom manages his money (no BS). He comes from a strong family background and it's only a matter of time before he gets PAID.

Howard is by far my favorite player to watch that is not on the A's.
    I would be able to appreciate his talent more if he wasn't in the NL East, but as is he is just a big pain in the butt to watch play against.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien View Post
    I would be able to appreciate his talent more if he wasn't in the NL East, but as is he is just a big pain in the butt to watch play against.
    For a Braves fan I can imagine; the dude is a beast and he's already destroying the ball in ST. I'm going to buy tix against the Giants just to watch this guy.