Thread: Jim Bowden and Bill Bavasi make a trade - which one got raped more?! Find out inside!

MLB ERA

Jim Bowden and Bill Bavasi make a trade - which one got raped more?! Find out inside!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...121301763.html

Bavasi.

Jose Vidro for Chris Snelling and Emiliano Fruto. Not much of a return for either side, really..

But the Mariners are agreeing to pay 75% of the cash remaining on Vidro's deal. Wow Jim Bowden. How'd you make that happen?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Seattle's just willing to buy anything at this point.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    The M's also agreed to pick up Vidro's 09 option to get him to waive his no-trade clause. LOL

AA ERA
    yeah Washington got away with this one. Man Jim Bowden sucks at trading though sooner or later the whole league will not trade with him. But looks like Ryan Church is out of Washington with the arrival of Snelling i guess?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Snelling has to be healthy to ever become a solid hitter. Church's job will be fairly safe for the time being I assume.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Church was already in trade talks so the addtion of Snelling helps make him more expendable.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They should trade Church for a player named Jesus or Angel.
    Ted

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I didn't see anyone really getting raped. Snelling's nothing to grin at and the M's taking on all that money isn't either.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    With Jose Vidro apparently on his way to Seattle, Ben Broussard is more likely to be dealt this winter.
    It's possible the Mariners want Vidro to play second base over Jose Lopez, but it doesn't seem very likely. Vidro would have a better chance of bouncing back offensively as a DH, and he's a weaker defender than Lopez at this point of his career. The Orioles have inquired about Broussard and still could acquire him, though the Mariners may not have any interest in Rodrigo Lopez.
    I can't see Vidro playing over Lopez. Broussard would be welcomed in SF where we have Aurilia as our first baseman

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

For starters, I didn't see this post, and I just started the Vidro trade to the Mariners also, oooopppsss, Sorry!

Second, I like Broussard and I agree he would be and upgrade at 1B from Aurilla. I hope you can get him. I like Broussard, he just seemed to be coming into his own in Cleveland and then they up and trade him. hhhhhhmmmmm, that just seemed weird to me when that happened!

MLB ERA
    Chris Snelling is much less expensive and has more left in his bat at this point. Vidro is old, injured, and has no position.