Thread: Yanks re-sign Mussina

MLB ERA

Yankees Yanks re-sign Mussina

Yankees re-signed RHP Mike Mussina to a two-year, $23 million contract.
    It's finally official. Mussina, who turns 38 next month, surely could have gotten more elsewhere, though $11.5 million per season isn't bad. It's worth remembering that he finished with ERAs of 4.59 in 2004 and 4.41 in 2005, and he hasn't reached 200 innings since 2003. Still, it's an easy choice to take him over guys like Ted Lilly and Gil Meche for the next two years.
    Source: RotoWorld
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Don't get me wrong here, I like Mussina, always have, but haven't the Yankees learned yet about getting or signing old, aging pitchers. Yes Johnson and Mussina are still top of the line guys, but the are OLD, and bound to wear down throughout the year. Maybe the Yanks should rest both of them til mid-June like Roger Clemens did last year and have them fresh for teh second half and post season. Hell with their lineup, their Triple A starters could pitch til June and still be 10-15 games over .500.

AAA ERA
    Mussina isn't that old, he never was a #1 starter but he's still going to give you 16 wins or so and be a solid 2 or 3. I have never been a huge Mussina fan but I am ok w/ him back for 2 more years.