Thread: Giants to Announce Bochy as Manager

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Question of the Day:
    How are the Giants going to fit Bruce Bochy's massive head and Barry Bonds*'s massive head into the same room? Now if only the Giants make a move to get Kevin Mench, they would complete the trifecta of big headed baseball men.

MLB ERA
    Wow the Giants must be such an aweful team they had to take away some San Diego talent just to make them better!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I wouldn't call Bochy talent by any means. I am somewhat disappointed in this move. Bochy doesn't have that good of a record and neither did Alou. I was hoping for someone better or someone who could really mix things up like Bud Black. This move tells me there is a good possibility that Bonds will not be back. Hopefully Bochy can convince Sabean to let Feliz go as well. I find it funny that he would leave the Padres who had back-to-back seasons in which they went to the playoffs.

MLB ERA
    I figured Macha would be in the running for this job. He may be just what the Giants needed. Bochy would be OK, though.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Macha was involved but they went with the guy familiar with the NL West and with much more experiance. I'd rather have five other guys than Bochy but I'm not the GM. I keep wishing that I will somehow enbody Sabean's soul but it hasn't happened yet.