Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: GML Draft Random Thoughts/Player Welcomings

Re: GML Draft Random Thoughts/Player Welcomings

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    I continued to take BPA and had Scherff sitting there. Easy decision. He can play left or right tackle or kick in and play some guard. It's never a bad decision to protect your franchises most important player.
    I was surprised Sherff was still there at 11, or that anyone would pick Flowers over Sherff, but I had bigger needs at WR.

Good pick for the Falcons, where do you plan to start him?

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

I'd like to welcome Russel Wilson's replacement if you guys get this thing moving along.

Quote Originally Posted by murph View Post
    I was surprised Sherff was still there at 11, or that anyone would pick Flowers over Sherff, but I had bigger needs at WR.

Good pick for the Falcons, where do you plan to start him?
    Well they have Jake Matthews at LT right now. At this point I would start him at RT. Too really good bookends for the Falcons for the foreseeable future. Too good to pass up at 14.

Wow with my huge time difference I was worried I'd wake up to a dozen PMs berating me for holding up the draft but ironically it looks like progress has slowed even though it's a Saturday.

In other news can you guys start reaching on players so better prospects fall to me? I hear this Chris Conley guy is amazing, definitely worth a first round pick. And who wants the FOMO of Brett Hundley not making it back to your 2nd pick?

Yeah I kind of wouldn't want people to know who I'm targeting in the draft, however marginal the advantage that might confer. I'm sure most of us are pretty open about the prospects we like on twitter, etc

Quote Originally Posted by jalexjsmithj View Post
    What surprised me:

The Bears not taking Fowler

Cleveland taking Flowers over Scherff

A pick hasn't been traded when it was on the clock yet
    What I am surprised over is the talking heads having Scherff rated so highly as a tackle. He will make a good guard, but guards are not valued in the top ten of the draft...

It's pretty simple imho, watch the tape on both of them...they both move well. They are both intelligent...

They are almost identical in their measurables..except... Despite Flowers arms being longer, he hit 37 reps on the bench to Scherffs 23. Flowers is ready right now to pave a running back lane at right tackle, our only weakness.

At Miami, he helped the running game to 5.26 yards per carry. Iowa had a, paltry for college level, 4.12 yards per carry.

Frankly, I'm surprised you are surprised...You guys need to study the players, not just read a top 100 list and assume who ever wrote it is responsible enough to rate these guys...

Jags fan wondering what's going on:

2072 MSL Gold Glove Winner

Hall of Famer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDawg42 View Post
    What I am surprised over is the talking heads having Scherff rated so highly as a tackle. He will make a good guard, but guards are not valued in the top ten of the draft...

It's pretty simple imho, watch the tape on both of them...they both move well. They are both intelligent...

They are almost identical in their measurables..except... Despite Flowers arms being longer, he hit 37 reps on the bench to Scherffs 23. Flowers is ready right now to pave a running back lane at right tackle, our only weakness.

At Miami, he helped the running game to 5.26 yards per carry. Iowa had a, paltry for college level, 4.12 yards per carry.

Frankly, I'm surprised you are surprised...You guys need to study the players, not just read a top 100 list and assume who ever wrote it is responsible enough to rate these guys...
    He can play tackle, and Jonathan Cooper shows you if teams think there is talent there he'll get picked in the top 10.

Scherffs agility measurables are off the charts, extremely important for a tackle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I have Strief and Free at Tackle. So I didn't need Schreff or Flowers . Waynes was my bpa and at a need
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Anyone talked to Jags GM? He hasn't posted since 3/12

Quote Originally Posted by Porter View Post
    I have Strief and Free at Tackle. So I didn't need Schreff or Flowers . Waynes was my bpa and at a need
    Insane speed, solid tape. Was very high on their CB last yr high hopes for waynes

Rookie ERA

Anyone talked to Jags GM? He hasn't posted since 3/12
    That is a very goo question

Rookie ERA

And just out of curiosity, since I have a pick coming, if the Jags get in an autodraft situation....who is on the board as BPA according to the ranking being used for this? I am sure all our big boards are different.

That depends.. Who are you going to pick

Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast