Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 NFL Random Randoms Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: 2010 NFL Random Randoms Thread

Anyone gonna watch Old Man River play tonight? If so, watch early, cause he's only playing 2 series.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    that's a cheap out to the argument, though.

he "finds ways to win". Ok, but how?

that's just an indirect way of blindly attributing his team's win loss record solely to him.
    He has the ability to make plays when they get broken down with his feet or his arm. He does just enough to keep defenses honest and loading 9 in the Box to defend Chris Johnson.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    He has the ability to make plays when they get broken down with his feet or his arm. He does just enough to keep defenses honest and loading 9 in the Box to defend Chris Johnson.
    Feet.. Maybe. Arm? Hell no.

MLB ERA
    but why does Chris Johnson get no credit for making teams want to stack the box?

that's my point here. Would "he" still have the same record if he didn't have a running back like Chris Johnson?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    but why does Chris Johnson get no credit for making teams want to stack the box?

that's my point here. Would "he" still have the same record if he didn't have a running back like Chris Johnson?
    It can be two ways. Can Chris Johnson get 2000 yards rushing if VY can't throw? When the team struggles who is the first person they blame after Jeff Fisher. It's not Chris Johnson.

BuckFoston - Didn't VY throw a game winning TD pass in his 1st or 2nd game back as the starter?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Kerry Collins had Chris Johnson in those first six games. Just as Young had Johnson in the next 10. Difference is, Young is actually a decent QB. You cannot say he wasn't apart of the reason they turned things around. But he's not 100% of the reason. They had a decent team, they just didn't have a QB to begin the season.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    It can be two ways. Can Chris Johnson get 2000 yards rushing if VY can't throw? When the team struggles who is the first person they blame after Jeff Fisher. It's not Chris Johnson.
    BuckFoston - Didn't VY throw a game winning TD pass in his 1st or 2nd game back as the starter?
    You can't use general, baseless fan opinion as some sort of proof.

these are the same people who put so muuch weight on a pitcher's win-loss record.

MLB ERA

and reversing the question on me is pointless because i'm not trying to credit Chris Johnson with his team's record by calling it "his" win loss record like you're doing with VY.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Kerry Collins had Chris Johnson in those first six games. Just as Young had Johnson in the next 10. Difference is, Young is actually a decent QB. You cannot say he wasn't apart of the reason they turned things around. But he's not 100% of the reason. They had a decent team, they just didn't have a QB to begin the season.
    i have not once in this thread said VY isn't a decent QB or even that he doesn't deserve a lot of credit. I just draw a line at pointing at "his" win-loss record like as though that's some kind of bottom line proof.

i mean, i can point out "Kerry's" 13-3 record the year before, but I don't believe in that type of argument.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You don't have to say it, but you've done nothing but allude to the fact by taking away any perceived achievement from him. Yeah, sure, it's easy to say Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson won super bowls. But how much did those teams count on them to win games? Baltimore and Tampa had top defenses, defenses that scored a ton, special teams, and a ground game. Young has had some talent around him, like a strong defense, but nothing as strong as 2008 or as Baltimore and Tampa in the early 2000's.

And you could point that out, and I'm just going to point out how good their defense was in 2008. They had a lot more to mask Kerry Collins. They weren't nearly as great, they did not have Haynesworth, the defense line wasn't as productive, and Lendale White was.. well.. at some bar eating wings.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think all 3 of us agree that VY is decent.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I need to find a thread where Leo hasn't started some odd argument or debate. What are the odds I can find a Mofo thread without him starting the same? Zilch? Lightning striking twice in the same spot?
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

You wont find one.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Challenge accepted!
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ted

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast