View Poll Results: Are the Tigers for real or not?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 45.45%
  • No

6 54.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are the Tigers for real or not?

I don't predict a slump at all. I hope we go strong into the August schedule and just kick some ass. I'd like to see the Tigers win this years division. Surely they got the team for it. Some of our "not so well known" players are doing great. Thames, Polanco, etc. Tigers are pitching well. Hitting well. Their bullpen has been pitching great these last few series. Everything is working out well. I don't see a reason why it won't continue.

Rookie ERA
    This is a little off topic, but what's up with D. Young? I haven't been able to watch games lately as my schedule has been busy, but last I heard he was checking into rehab? What about the charges put against him for harassing his girlfriend? Thanks, I haven't been keeping up to date with that story..

Link

BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- An arrest warrant for Dmitri Young was issued Tuesday after the Detroit Tigers designated hitter failed to appear for a pretrial hearing on a domestic violence charge.

Young is accused of choking a 21-year-old Toledo, Ohio, woman April 14 at a Birmingham hotel.

A judge ruled Tuesday that information provided by Young's attorney on the player's whereabouts did not meet a requirement that he leave the state only for work-related purposes. Judge Diane D'Agostini of the 48th District Court in Bloomfield Hills issued a bench warrant.

Young's attorney, William Swor, declined to comment.

Tigers president Dave Dombrowski said that the arrest warrant would not affect Young's status with the team.

The 32-year-old is currently on the disabled list with an injured right quadriceps, and left the team for what the Tigers called "personal reasons" in late May.

Neither Swor nor Young were present for the pretrial hearing Monday. Swor faxed a request to D'Agostini on Monday afternoon, asking that the hearing be delayed because he was scheduled to be in federal court in Miami for a different case.

At Tuesday's hearing, Assistant Oakland County prosecutor Tare Wigod told D'Agostini that Swor told him Young had a medical emergency and was out of state.

But D'Agostini rejected the request for a delay and demanded proof by the end of the day that Young was housed at a legitimate medical facility. She also ordered Swor to appear in her courtroom on Friday.

Administrator Jim Harkins said the court received a fax from Young's attorney but it did not reflect the conditions of his bond. He declined to reveal the contents of the fax.

Adam Katz, Young's agent, did not immediately return a message.

If convicted of the misdemeanor charge, Young could face up to 93 days in jail and a $500 fine.

Young is in his 11th major league season and fifth with Detroit. He is hitting .169 in 59 at-bats with four RBIs.
    There's a good article that explains the situation. I hope he gets done with all that and just comes back and helps out the team. I'd like to see him healthy again, and hitting the ball like he can. Cause he has been dissappointing so far this season.

Rookie ERA
    Thanks for the article, it was a good read.

My thought on Young's poor season is because of all these things going on in his life. I'd like to see him back too, I remember the first year he was on the team everyone wore the afro's into Comerica Park. He can really hit the ball, I just hope everything works out for him in his personal life and he comes back to the majors strong.

Well back then when Young came onto the team, people thought he could be the best player on our team. For a short time, he was. When we got Pudge, Ordonez, Polanco, and everybody, he somewhat got forgotten. I definitely think he's having a bad season because of not only what he's going through personally but because of his injury also. Whens he healthy, and has no problems in his life, he can really be a great DH.

Rookie ERA
    Anyone catch the game last night? I watched the last few innings in a bar while I ate dinner. Tigers 10th shutout this season, I think they lead the Majors in shutouts this year? They played great from what I saw, when you're on a roll, you're on a roll. Keep it up Tigers! I really need to get out to Comerica this year, I've only been to about 5 games so far.

MLB ERA
    The Tigers have been the biggest surprise in the AL in my opinion. The Mets have been the biggest surprise in the NL.

However the Tigers have always sucked every year but the Mets have played pretty decent to get rolled over by the Braves.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123