Thread: Tonights game

Rookie ERA

Tonights game

IMHO, the key is Bonderman early.

If you watch him, when he's on early he's nearly lights out. It seems that he struggles with his control during the early innings then settles down.

If he starts well tonight, we'll be just fine.

I actually never really paid any attention to that. I'll definitely have to look for it.

The key for us to win any game is our middle of the lineup coming through and hitting well. Overall we just hit well. As long as we hit, we score, pitchers tend to be a lot more loose and take more risks pitching wise when they know they got a couple runs lead.

So tigerstripes, i'd actually like to hear your thoughts on the game after it's over. I'll try to come on here and share mine.

So.....i'm sitting here watching the Tigers play. Lets just say Bonderman has sucked. Giving up two runs already and 5 hits. Tigers haven't gotten a hit at all. It's still early though and tigers need to get it together.

the Boxscore

So we won, but it wasn't a pretty game. Hitting was overall good. Pudge had a nice HR. A real letdown was Bonderman. Just horrible pitching tonight and he knew it. You could see it on his face. The whole 6th inning fiasco, I got a good laugh out of it. I actually wouldnt of minded to see Ledezma out there cause he looked ready to pitch. It was a shame though that they got him all hyped up and sent him running out onto the field like that......

I don't think Leyland is too happy with tonights game. A win is a win. If we played that way against the Red Sox or even the White Sox. We wouldn't have won. The bullpen did well for us. They all came out and pitched real well. Even Grilli, who I usually don't really like to see out on the mound.

Overall a win is a win. I'll always be happy with a win.

Rookie ERA
    Grilli isn't one of my favorites either, but he didn't stink it up tonight.

Bonderman wasn't great but he battled. When it's working, his slider is damn near unhittable.

The Sawks would've crushed Bonderman tonight, luckily it was KC. These are games we should win and we are winning. Lets just hope for a better performance tomorrow and a better outing from Bonderman (with the same result) his next outing.

Kenny Rogers is pitching tommorow against Mark Redman. Should be an interesting matchup.

To tell you the truth, I was pleasantly surprised by Grilli's performance tonight. I thought he was going to go in there and screw it up.

Bonderman definitely battled, but it just wasn't there tonight for him. Maybe it was the short break for him, maybe he got a little rusty. I can speculate, but I hope he does a lot better in the next start.

As I've said, winning is winning. It's nice to win. Cause that's what matters. Getting the 60th win tonight, well it's a nice milestone to hit.