Thread: Preston Wilson tentatively traded

Preston Wilson tentatively traded

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns

Not a bad trade for the Rocks. They not only get rid of 12.5 million in salary but they get back a pitcher who has a big GB/FB ratio, which can help in Coors. If Day can get back to his 2003-2004 self with the groundballs, he could be good for the Rockies.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

AA ERA
    I've finally decided to embrace this trade. Wilson was doing pretty bad, eating up money, and now we can play a young kid. Day can do as bad as he wants, I don't expect anything out of him. If he does any good at all this is cool.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    If you're going to be bad, at least be cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pressure is a bullshit argument. Its up there with how many rings a person has and some other ones I'm too stoned to care about.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    You can play all the young kids in Colorado. The team sucks. Barmes was the only bright spot I saw on the entire team. And he gets hurt at Heltons house. atv injury.

Young kids who you going to call up to play center? Day is just an average pitcher at best. Why would you not get better prospects? Heck why not move Helton as well?

What the team needs is pitching also rp in the worst way. The loss of Wilson will hurt power numbers for sure will take a huge hit.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Good trade for both teams.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    You can play all the young kids in Colorado. The team sucks. Barmes was the only bright spot I saw on the entire team. And he gets hurt at Heltons house. atv injury.

Young kids who you going to call up to play center? Day is just an average pitcher at best. Why would you not get better prospects? Heck why not move Helton as well?

What the team needs is pitching also rp in the worst way. The loss of Wilson will hurt power numbers for sure will take a huge hit.
    Day can actually be a solid pitcher, don't expect for him to do well in, pitchers hell, Coors.

Barmes only bright spot? How about Atkins, Hawpe, Holliday, Atkins, Fuentes, Jennings. I agree losing Wilson hurts, but his salary was huge and it will only help Rockies in the future. It was a great deal for both sides.

AA ERA
    Closser is pretty good too. Tsao is solid. There is a really great 1B prospect we have but Helton is in the way too.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle