Thread: Ryan Spillborghs?

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Ryan Spillborghs?

This guy's a reserve OF and he drove in 6 runs against the Orioles yesterday. Never even heard of him...is he supposed to be a nice player in the future, or is this just a fluky game?

Also, they may collapse but the Rockies have been quite a respectable team this year who have been overshadowed in the NL West race...perhaps they're finally climbing out of the seemingly franchise-long cellar.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Re: Ryan Spillborghs?

I've changed shifts at work and haven't seen a game in a bit, but from the stats he has been somewhat impressive. I'll try to find out more.

Bench Warmer
    AA ERA

Notes: Spilborghs enjoying the ride
    Since his call-up from Triple-A, outfielder is off to a torrid start
    By Thomas Harding / MLB.com

To get his hot bat in the lineup, Ryan Spilborghs was the DH in Fenway on Tuesday. (Don Wright/AP)

BOSTON -- The Rockies' Ryan Spilborghs realizes that memories fade, but video lasts forever. It's hard to imagine Spilborghs forgetting this magical time. His two-homer, six-RBI performance on Sunday against the Orioles gave him four hits in nine at-bats and a .325 batting average since being called up from Triple-A Colorado Springs on May 19.
    But Spilborghs, who started as the designated hitter on Tuesday night against the Red Sox at Fenway Park, is taking no chances.
    "I'm just documenting this whole year in the Minor Leagues and Major Leagues," Spilborghs said. "Friends and family, when I get home, they always want to know what my lifestyle is like.
    "It's giving people a chance to see from Triple-A. It's giving them a chance to see bus rides in Triple-A to here -- having the bus pull up to the side of the plane."
    Spilborghs toured Camden Yards when the Rockies were in Baltimore, and he'll also film the inside of the Green Monster at Fenway at some point soon. But the camera isn't just for baseball, ballparks and clubhouse shenanigans.
    During Monday's off-day, Spilborghs used his camera to record American Revolution history.
    "I took a nice little walk on the Freedom Trail in Boston," Spilborghs said. "I got my camera out."
    Spilborghs also has a chance to produce an on-field highlight against Red Sox knuckleballer Tim Wakefield.
    "He's given us a pretty good at-bat; we'll see how it plays out," Rockies manager Clint Hurdle said. "I think when you get six RBIs, there's an unwritten rule that you get another chance to play.
    "I had six RBIs once, and I got to play the next day. It didn't always happen."

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Thanks for the info...he's probably just somebody who's hitting well but isn't good enough to sustain it over the long haul.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.