Thread: Offseason desicions

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Indians Offseason desicions

The Indians have some decisions this offseason.Who to trade,who to trade for,who to resign from Free Agency,what FA's to sign that were with other teams last year.

Indians Free Agents:

Pitchers-Kevin Millwood,Scott Elarton,Bob Wickman,Bobby Howry,Scott Sauerbeck

Shortstop-Jose Hernandez,Ramon Vazquez

Second Base-Brandon Phillips

Outfield-Juan Gonzalez

I would love to resign every pitcher on that list,but I am afraid it just isn't gonna happen.Millwood is a possibility,but anything over 3 years is crazy.Wickman might leave...which could possibly mean resigning Howry to take over the Closer job.But I would much rather have Wick as the closer.Sauerbeck was awesome in relief,and I would love to get him back.

Now the FA's are all bench players and one minor leaguer who will never return to the player he once was (Juan Gon).I wasn't impressed by our bench...I thought we had one of the weakest benches in MLB.I won't lose any sleep if they all go to other teams

Trade Canidates:

First Base-Ben Broussard

Outfield-Casey Blake,Ryan Ludwick

Pitchers-Jason Davis

Ben Broussard dissapeared many times this season.I wouldn't mind trading him in a package for a first baseman with some power.I don't think we trade Casey Blake unless it's for an outfielder with some more power.Ryan Ludwick might get traded though.I don't know about Davis...it depends on the offer.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    First step is to pick up Belliard's option. Phillips hasn't prgressed as they hoped so who knows about him. Indians are making a deal for Millwood although I doubt Millwood takes it.