Thread: Minor league coach gets second interview/Manny Acta hired as new Manager

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Indians Minor league coach gets second interview/Manny Acta hired as new Manager

Cleveland continues to keep their options open, now giving another look to their AAA coach Torey Lovullo. The indians have interviewed Manny Acta, Don Mattingly, Ron Roenicke, and the infamous Bobby V... Valentine. Some aspects of recycling, some parts trying something completely new.

Unlike Valentine, fresh from a six-year stint managing in Japan, Lovullo emphasized his desire to take the job if it's offered to him.

"I have prepared for this and am ready," he said, adding that playing for seven different managers in eight seasons, including Terry Francona, helped mold his managerial philosophies.

Francona guided the Boston Red Sox to World Series titles in 2004 and '07.

"What you really learn is what not to do," Lovullo said. "You learn from them all, but Terry's ability to communicate and relate to players is special."

Francona was a special assistant to Shapiro between jobs in Philadelphia and Boston.

Lovullo managed 35 players at Triple-A Columbus who played this year for Eric Wedge, who was fired with six games left in his seventh season as Cleveland manager.
    Indians eye minor league manager Torey Lovullo for vacancy - ESPN
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

re: Minor league coach gets second interview/Manny Acta hired as new Manager

Manny Acta got the job.

Cleveland Indians sign ex-Washington Nationals manager Manny Acta to 3-year deal - ESPN

Tim Kurkjian: He's the right guy for it as long as people understand that he's not coming here to win the division next year.

So like Bud Black, he too can be rewarded for not winning games.

MLB ERA

re: Minor league coach gets second interview/Manny Acta hired as new Manager

I'm not so sure this is the right hire for the job. But I guess that's gonna be what we'll have to wait and see for.
    Quote Originally Posted by missionhockey21 View Post
    Life: Its gots to be funky.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Minor league coach gets second interview/Manny Acta hired as new Manager

I wonder if Torey Lovullo gets snatched up by another team. Supposedly he has been on other team's radars.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Minor league coach gets second interview/Manny Acta hired as new Manager

Acta has named Tim Belcher and Scott Radinsky respectively as the pitching coach and bullpen coach. Taking a page from the NBA in cornering the random crappy player from the 1990's trend.