Thread: Spring training

Rookie ERA

Indians Spring training

Leave your thoughts about clevelands spring

The main thing I see is that CC got hurt. He needs to comeback and lead our team. Last year our team was lacking leadership that is why we had such a rough start.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I see the Indians as the Brewers of the AL, or the Indians as the NL, whichever way you want to look at it.

Both teams need their young talent to produce and be consistent, and healthy this year. Both front offices have put a lot of stock into this youth movement philosophy, now it is time for results!!!

Both teams are heading in the right direction and the team and fans seems excited about positive results this year. No more potential, just production and results. I don't about Indian's fans, but this Brewer's fan is running out of patience. I want a team that I don't need to defend or have excuses anymore. I want their play and results to speak for themselves!!!

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Overall,it was a good spring.

My concerns:

*Marte had a lot of errors it seemed,I hope this doesn't carry over into the season.I don't think he'll be too productive at the plate this season,so he'll need to play stellar defense to make up for it.

*Too many platoons.Wedge must love the platoon,because we have a ton of them.RF,LF,1B,3B,C.I don't believe in the platoon system,I feel is brings down chemistry on the field because you don't play with the same guys almost every game.

*What happens of Carmona pitches lights out while Lee is on the DL?Do we take Carmona out of the rotation and stick him back in the bullpen?Do we make Lee the fifth starter and release or trade Byrd?

*Infield defense.Barfield is the only guy I believe in on this infield.I want to see Peralta's nice spring carry over into the season,I am afraid he's gonna become too comfortable with the fact that we have one utility infielder on the roster and get back into last year's habits.Marte's defense has been subpar,and the 1B platoon will make everyone worse because each player has a varrying degree of talent at 1B.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central