Thread: Belisle

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Belisle

After his last outing, would you guys rather not see him start again for a while. Or do you say we give him another chance since Ortiz is still on the DL?

MLB ERA
    If Ortiz is on the DL, we really have no other choice than to start Belisle again.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA
    Once again, I agree CRF.....I really think that last night was due to Belisles' best/out pitch (curve ball) just didn't have the normal movement on the ball. I think that was due to the fact that he went through Spring Training pitching and getting ready as a reliever. All of a sudden, last week he was expected to take a turn in the starting rotation 2 times in a row. His arm wasn't "stretched out" to be a starter. Every once in awhile he can be effective, but he will struggle to have the same desired effect on his pitches in back to back outings until his arm stamina is built back up to a starter.

having said all of that, he would still be our best option, given that Ortiz couldn't pitch next time around

MLB ERA
    I agree with everything you say there bipster. Belisle has some good stuff and I think he will be OK over the long haul. He might have some consistency issues at first since he is young and everything, but I think he has the potential of being a good pitcher over time. He is a Braves product... so that makes sense to me.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by bipster
    Once again, I agree CRF.....I really think that last night was due to Belisles' best/out pitch (curve ball) just didn't have the normal movement on the ball. I think that was due to the fact that he went through Spring Training pitching and getting ready as a reliever. All of a sudden, last week he was expected to take a turn in the starting rotation 2 times in a row. His arm wasn't "stretched out" to be a starter. Every once in awhile he can be effective, but he will struggle to have the same desired effect on his pitches in back to back outings until his arm stamina is built back up to a starter.

having said all of that, he would still be our best option, given that Ortiz couldn't pitch next time around
    that is excactly what i have to say, this guy is good, i won't let last night change my opinion of him