Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Griffey looks good...

Griffey looks good...

He seems to be seeing the ball very well in the WBC. He's having really good at bats and he just doubled to dead center off Loewen. Hopefully he can avoid the disaterous start he had last year, if he can hit like he did from May on last year he could have a 40 homer season.

too bad the american pitchers aren't doing as well today, 7 - 0 canada right now.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Griffey hit an RBI double to LF in the 5th, but are still down 8-2 with bases juiced and 2 away.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Man, I was hoping USA would come back after that shot from Varitek. utley almost did it in the eighth. Tough loss though. But I am happy to see Griffey hitting well.

Yep, he looked real comfortable at the plate yesterday, he has always been my favorite player and look forward to seeing what he can do this year.

Griffey has been looking good, hopefully he can start this season on a good note.

Geez the way Encarnacion is hitting right now,and Junior doing well,looks to be some serious lumber with Dunn and the rest in 2006.Just need starters to at least give 5,6 innings of decent work and hopefully the bats and bullpen will straighten out the rest.

as long as kearns, dunn, freel and the rest of the reds hitting below .200 figure it out before april.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

Were going to score some runs this year. Our Pitching is going to be the down fall.

667 BA with a 2.250 OPS in the WBC so far. 2-2 with a single, homer, and 3 RBI today already.

Griffey for WBC MVP!

Wow, he just hit ANOTHER 3 run homer....guess I'm forgetting this IS South Africa though...

MLB ERA
    I would feel more enthused about Griffey and today's performance if he weren't facing pitchers on acne medicine.

It's a good thing to see him succeeding, but I can't put too much weight in it yet. I hope he kills pitching in round 2, too, so I can stop haivng my doubts about him.

edit: I should clarify. I'm not putting too much weight in him being ready to put this same performance up in the regular season yet. I'm sure he'll get there eventually, I'm just not sure if he is at the point where he can go 3-3 wth a single, 2 HRs, and 6 RBIs against MLB pitching.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I have no doubt about 1 thing. Griffey has his swing together already. Nice to see him get two bombs today.

BTW, I love the sig Dunn #44!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast