Thread: Reds vs Cubs/Pirates series preview

AA ERA

Reds vs Cubs/Pirates series preview

Just wanted to fire up some discussion about the series' this week.

Monday: Wood vs Belisle
    Tuesday: Prior vs Claussen

Wednesday: Perez vs Wilson
    Thursday: Wells vs Milton

Well, definetly some good pitchers this week. Obviously the Reds need to at least split the four games. It will be interesting to see if Belisle can keep it up. I think he can. Also it will be interesting to see what Claussen has since he hasnt pitched since March. Also we need to see Wilson step up against Oliver Perez in the first game against the Bucs. Actually now that I look at it, it would probably be better to win 3 out of 4 this week with the Reds going to Florida this weekend. Have to win those home divison games.

AAA ERA
    i hope we can actually beat perez this time

MLB ERA
    Perez does seem to give the Reds major problems. I hope Wilson is better than what he was against the Astros.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am so excited about tomorrow's game. ESPN baby! I get to finally check out the Reds on ESPN HD. Will be my first experience of ever seeing a baseball game in HD as well. Should be special.

I agree that we need to get 2 out of the next 4. The pitchers we have to face are very good though. Wood is a strike out pitcher and the Reds strike out a lot. And Prior is just awesome on the mound. Then its on to the Bucs and the other Reds killer not named Oswalt in Perez. Should be a tough road, but thankfully the Reds are charged after a series win against the Astros. One game at a time though fellas, its a Cubbie defeat tomorrow!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I am most concerned about Perez. Wood has struggled some this season, but Perez is a nasty lefty who I have never seen us tee off against. He really has our number.

What's the deal with us facing an ace almost every game so far?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Very true, we are facing all the tough pitching. Not sure how, but it is happening.